Corsair Community

Mouse buttons keep going back to default

Tabitha120

I have a M55 RGB Pro gaming mouse.

Nothing is worse than typing a passionate post in a forum during a heated debate, getting to paragraph 3, use the mouse to make a correction in paragraph 1 and one accidental twitch takes you back a page and everything you were typing is gone.

So I've been trying to disable the little buttons, or switch them to a tilde. I get it set, it works and then a day or two later the buttons are back to page forward and page back. When I find that it's switched back, I open iCUE and while the actions are still there the buttons are no longer attached to them.

And now that I'm fighting an injury and have had to switch my mouse hand it's even worse. My ring finger lays directly over the back button so every time it defaults a day or so later, I'm accidentally clicking back a lot.

So how do I change the functions of those two buttons permanently?

Well, it's not supposed to revert at all so there is some sort of issue.

1) Go the Windows Settings -> Apps list and left click on iCUE. Select the Modify option and follow the instructions for repair. Sometimes this cleans up really weird stuff that doesn't have a logical explanation.

2) You also have the option to disable For/Back in the Action menu. Instead of a remap, choose "Disable" from the left side of the drop down. That might be more helpful in your current left hand state. I am also curious if it will still unbind with a different action.

3) However over the mouse in the icon at the top iCUE. See if it says "M55 RGB PRO" and not something like M55 RGB PRO(1)(1)(1)(1)... etc.

Edited by c-attack

There isn't one through the software, but if this keeps happening some thing is wrong. Did the repair install or selecting "disable" from the action menu drop down list change things? Can you post a screen shot of the binding?

Since Forward/Back are standard recognized inputs, it is possible other 3rd party software could override their normal function, but that isn't something I normally do. Perhaps someone else has a recommendation.

Edited by c-attack