Corsair Community

Turn off or completely disable keyboard

Testing123

Is there a way to turn off or completely disable the keyboard? There are times, while using my computer, I’d like to just wipe the keyboard down, or turn it over to reinsert the mouse cable into the slots underneath the keyboard, etc. I don’t want to have to shut the computer off to do these things.

My previous keyboard, a wireless K350 from Logitech had a switch on the underside that turned the keyboard on and off (as a way to save batteries I suppose); easy and effective. I’m hoping I won’t need to add an app to the computer that would allow for this (lean and mean dontcha know).

Using Windows 10.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks…

You can create a profile that disables the keys when the windows lock key is enabled.

I was able to find a solution thanks to your suggestion.

What I had to do was set up an individual Action:

Disable -> Disable key if Lock button is on

for every key on the keyboard; 116 Disable Actions!

2 Keys were not mapped.

The obvious one was the Windows Lock Key.

The other key, the Backlight Brightness Key, did not function as the other keys did. If I set it with a Disable Action, it wouldn’t work at all. That is to say, no matter if the Windows Lock Key was on or off, pressing the Backlight Brightness Key did not change the light level of the keyboard. It didn’t matter where in the Actions list I placed the action, it would not function.

I believe this to be a bug in CUE. I hope someone can look into this and rectify the problem.

Other than that, I am happy I was able to find a solution. Seems like a lot of work just to be able to turn off the keyboard, but at least it’s done. 

Thanks again for the suggestion!

Archived