Corsair Community

iCUE is just amazing....said noone ever

dekzz

Im not even sure where to post this since I own about 10 Corsair products and all 10 of them are being extremely stupid lately BUT I still hope its all just because of the iCUE having no IQ behind its development.

SO, basically, Ive been using Corsair keyboards and mice for years and years now, always held the company in high esteem, recommended them to everyone. Over the years I also used their RAM and PSUs but thats about it...UNTIL....my stupid *** decides to go couple of steps further and I decide to get myself a new corsair-mainly PC.

Long story short....I have never lost my mind as much as I did building this 3500€ worth crapfest of a PC. (specs below)

Not to get confused, building it together wasnt the hard part. Getting it to work as INTENDED was the issue. Oh excuse me, it STILL is, cause something new bugs out EVERY single day that im starting to think someone is making fun of me behind the scenes, hidden cam or something.

Usb connects/disconnects on Win startup....icue crashing, my mouse having (1) 10 times in its icue name cuz it crashes so often. My Hydro deciding to lock out rgb and rpm control, my 680x rgb case living its own rgb life every now and then contrary to its icue settings, my ST100 and K95 Platinum changing their default boot colour to red suddenly and now the latest FEATURE: Corsair NODE pro along with its LED hub + Commander pro entirely disappearing from the icue device list in the middle of a game aaaand some other thinks I cant remember right now, being pissed the way I currently am.

Usually I couldve solved all the issues by resetting the icue service within the program itself, this time reboot was required. Funniest thing is, all Im using is instant lightning feature turning everything WHITE and some custom RPM control cuz after Fractal Design R6 case, this one often makes me think Im at the fkn airport.

Summary: Im not entirely sure Im asking for help here, because....well who TF can troubleshoot this much crap at once....guess I just needed a familiar place to vent. Still, if ANYONE has a suggestion/question or any kind of an idea, Im all ears.

I cannot deny the product quality, the LEDs are amazingly bright and nice, this keyboard is the best one I have EVER had, mice...I mean...their M95 Vengeance mouse is what brought me to them, still keeping it safe and alive for the pure perfection it was....but their software support could see some better days (understatement of the year), especially considering the price of each component.

OH, and why TF doesnt each component have their built in rgb memory by now ?!?

Crapfest:

-Corsair Crystal 680x

(prebuilt Node pro with LED hub)

-MSI MEG z390 ACE

-Intel i9 9900k

-Hydro H115i RGB platinum

-MSI RTX 2080TI GAMING X TRIO

-Vengeance 32gb RGB 3600 mhz

-Hx850i

-Samsung EVO 970 1TB

-3x Corsair LL140 RGB fans

-Corsair Commander PRO

-Corsair K95 rgb Platinum

-Corsair Ironclaw rgb Wireless

-Corsair Glaive rgb aluminium (for when Ironclaw/icue are being stupid)

-Corsair ST100 rgb

Try disconnecting that RGB paperweight, the ST100. I don't have one but have seen people having disconnects caused by that device in multiple threads while researching possible reasons for the latest build of iCue to cause multiple critical errors daily.

Yeah tbh I tried booting with every single external usb disconnected from the pc, something still disconnects, yet everything works anyway. And I had ST100 before this build and it caused no issues whatsoever.

Guess the next step should be disconnecting the cooler from its usb port and trying that and/or all rgb fans one by one or maybe node and commander entirely to at least figure out whats causing the issue. But after opening the case so many times lately I think im closer to smashing everything to pieces than solving the issue

Im laughing so hard right now. Yet another issue today, as I mentioned in my first post, every god damn day another issue pops up, I nicknamed my PC Hydra.

Now every 2nd-3rd boot the icue doesnt recognize the LED HUB, at least not until I reboot again once or twice... so fans only have their default rgb lightning on. Resetting the icue service also doesnt do anything, full reboot is required and it doesnt always help.

Now THIS thing has been working since I put it together and it just started causing issues yesterday.

Will keep you updated cause lets face it, tomorrow is a new day ! Cant wait to see what crashes and burns tomorrow, cause if Corsair taught me one thing past few weeks is that something DEFINITELY will crash and burn tomorrow, its innevitable.

Every time I read a post like this it makes me wonder what the underlying issue is with different builds. I've been running a full Corsair built system for over a year without a single issue. There has to be some kind of common denominator here. Out of curiosity, are you using internal USB hubs etc?

No, nothing like that. I mean there is a commander pro inside with 2 usb ports. I connected my hydro's usb in it, tho it was connected to the motherboard at first. Reason I swapped was cause I was still trying to figure out whats disconnecting. Needless to say, it wasnt that.

I kinda posted about my issues on two different forums like a week ago but nobody ever replied. Even managed to get in touch with a youtuber who built something nearly identical to what I did, but after I explained my issues he just never replied anymore xD

I mean, I did some long stress tests, ran some demanding games on ultra for awhile, all quite succesfully. Everything....works. But every day I sit here and turn it on, something weird happens. Just now awhile ago all my fans reset to default rgb again. I checked the iCUE, everything was okay, all the devices connected, up and running. I reset it, nothing. Had to reboot for lights to go back to their settings.

At this point im fairly positive its just a software issue. I should maybe reinstall my Windows or something but....yeah, after trying so many different things, reinstalling windows doesnt really lead me to believe it will do anything except waste my time.

Well Im also using HWmonitor (That was another issue entirely, with hwmonitor not working with gameboost active. That issue is still present and I have no idea how does gameboost work but I guess thats not Corsair related).

iCUE version is 3.26.95 which is apparently the latest one, according to the update attempt.

Im also using MSI MysticLight for GPU and MBO only, however....you just gave me a clue..

Apparently the ML can also modify my RAM and ST100 rgb. And even tho the

lightning fits the iCUE settings, when I set ML settings to OFF, RAM and ST turn off entirely . Then...I enabled SDK in iCUE (which I guarantee I enabled before, I remember specifically) and the lightning turned back on (fitting the iCUE settings). Something fishy here

Also regarding your question, even tho Im using 2 additional programs (HW and ML), I did try to uninstall them at a certain point while troubleshooting as to why the USB disconnects on Win boot. Made no difference.

Yeah tbh I tried booting with every single external usb disconnected from the pc, something still disconnects, yet everything works anyway. And I had ST100 before this build and it caused no issues whatsoever.

Guess the next step should be disconnecting the cooler from its usb port and trying that and/or all rgb fans one by one or maybe node and commander entirely to at least figure out whats causing the issue. But after opening the case so many times lately I think im closer to smashing everything to pieces than solving the issue

Funny you should say that. I actually did that with my last build. I know I shouldn't have, I know it was childish, immature, and expensive, but I was battling that system time and time again.

Turns out it was a CORSAIR POWER SUPPLY that was causing the issue. I had an Intel 4690K, MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition, 16GB G.Skill DDR3-2400 RAM, EVGA GTX 970 4GB (lol) GPU, and a Corsair AX750 Power Supply. Almost every time I would shut down my PC, it wouldn't turn back on. Had to unplug, let it sit, sometimes it would turn back on, reset the BIOS, etc. I would eventually get it up and running, and then never shut it down. Reboots were fine, but not shutdown. If I ever had to, it wouldn't turn back on. I thought it was my motherboard the whole time, cursing MSI along the way, but I was well beyond the return period and couldn't be without the system to RMA. Well after it did it one too many times, I literally lost my mind (drunk, I'll admit).

A few weeks later, I'm putting together a new build, reused the same power supply, all other main components new. Same crap all over again. Huh. Must be the power supply. Ordered an EVGA 750W G3, and all was cured. It was the crappy Corsair AX750 the whole time. Upon google searching, turns out it was a known problem. Freaking figures. RMA'd the power supply, they gave me an AX860 in return, and I sold it for $100. The EVGA PSU has given me zero problems since.

Well Im also using HWmonitor (That was another issue entirely, with hwmonitor not working with gameboost active. That issue is still present and I have no idea how does gameboost work but I guess thats not Corsair related).

iCUE version is 3.26.95 which is apparently the latest one, according to the update attempt.

Im also using MSI MysticLight for GPU and MBO only, however....you just gave me a clue..

Apparently the ML can also modify my RAM and ST100 rgb. And even tho the

lightning fits the iCUE settings, when I set ML settings to OFF, RAM and ST turn off entirely . Then...I enabled SDK in iCUE (which I guarantee I enabled before, I remember specifically) and the lightning turned back on (fitting the iCUE settings). Something fishy here

Also regarding your question, even tho Im using 2 additional programs (HW and ML), I did try to uninstall them at a certain point while troubleshooting as to why the USB disconnects on Win boot. Made no difference.

I'd uninstall both ML and HWM for now (yes I see you've tried that a some point). The way i see it, something could potentially be fighting for USB rights on your system.

Funny you should say that. I actually did that with my last build. I know I shouldn't have, I know it was childish, immature, and expensive, but I was battling that system time and time again.

Turns out it was a CORSAIR POWER SUPPLY that was causing the issue. I had an Intel 4690K, MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition, 16GB G.Skill DDR3-2400 RAM, EVGA GTX 970 4GB (lol) GPU, and a Corsair AX750 Power Supply. Almost every time I would shut down my PC, it wouldn't turn back on. Had to unplug, let it sit, sometimes it would turn back on, reset the BIOS, etc. I would eventually get it up and running, and then never shut it down. Reboots were fine, but not shutdown. If I ever had to, it wouldn't turn back on. I thought it was my motherboard the whole time, cursing MSI along the way, but I was well beyond the return period and couldn't be without the system to RMA. Well after it did it one too many times, I literally lost my mind (drunk, I'll admit).

A few weeks later, I'm putting together a new build, reused the same power supply, all other main components new. Same crap all over again. Huh. Must be the power supply. Ordered an EVGA 750W G3, and all was cured. It was the crappy Corsair AX750 the whole time. Upon google searching, turns out it was a known problem. Freaking figures. RMA'd the power supply, they gave me an AX860 in return, and I sold it for $100. The EVGA PSU has given me zero problems since.

I've seen way more EVGA PSU failures than Corsair and, i'm a big EVGA fan.

HWmonitor played havoc with all my corsair gear especially the commander pro. Also mystic light really interferes with the ST100, that's the reason for it going red on boot up as mine does the same. Although it stays red for a few seconds after the pc boots it always returns to whatever settinged I have select when icue starts. Edited by uKGMAN
Spelling

I've seen way more EVGA PSU failures than Corsair and, i'm a big EVGA fan.

Well the EVGA PSU has been working since day one for over a year, and the Corsair didn't work right from day one, sooo... :dunno:

I've been an EVGA user for over 10 years, and have yet to have a piece of EVGA gear fail me, including motherboards, MANY GPUs, and several power supplies (most of them the cheaper variety, too).

Yeah thats all nice and good but we're working under the assumption that the PSU isnt working properly and so far theres NO evidence to indicate that.

Last two issues that Im having is an USB disconnect on boot and RGB conflict between icue and mysticlight which doesnt seem to be fixable anyway.

Right now I wake up, turn my pc on and I see my GPU with the default lightning preset...like for the first time....it never changed until now.

Usually its the fans that are being stupid, which is also weird since iCUE and ML

shouldnt fight over fans, ML only targets Corsair RAM and ST100 so far.

As I said in my earlier posts, every god damn day something new happenes,

its like a badly scripted comedy show. I see many other posts about iCUE and

ML screwing each other over, but how am I supposed to set the lightning of my GPU which is the biggest damn piece in the case without the ML ?