Corsair Community

Help with 570x Case and LL120 Fan

GroovyF

Hey guys I am super new to building PCs and just recently built one. Everything was a success except the RGB part. I bought an LL120 single fan, but I understand now i would need a node to properly run it in iCue. Do you guys recommend a single rgb fan that can be found in iCue without the use of a node?

Second question. oI have 570x Crystal series case in white. The rgb controls work on the case,but it stated it was able to be found and synced in iCue. I for some reason cannot get this to show in iCue. any help regarding this would be much appreciated

• 2 weeks later...
The case fans RGB, the three that come with it, can only be controlled with iCue software if you add an Lighting Node Pro or a Commander Pro. You would then wire the RGB hub included with the case to either the LNP or the CoPro instead of the three button switches. For the LL fan you would need to add another RGB fan controller to the mix to control the RGB on that fan, it would be best to order a triple pack of the LL fans and that comes with an LNP and a RGB fan hub. You could then plug both fan hubs into the LNP and have full control over the 6 fans RGB via iCue.

does corsair have a single rgb fan that doesnt require a node to control the settings in icue ? i guess my real issue is that im fine with the basic controls on the case to change the lighting, but i just need 1 back exhaust fan, preferably rgb. i know i can go a different brand but everything in the case is corsair so i thought might as well.

No Corsair fans are fully RGB capable on their own power. They all need the current regulation from the controller/hub. That's kind of how we ended up down this path. When RGB fans were single color, they got their small amount of power from the MB or controller. LED fans were always current hungry compared to non-LED. Now that the RGB wars are in full swing, none of these fans can be that bright and colorful and still run off a standard MB header. A QL/LL will use about 0.6A for lighting alone on full white. Add to that 0.30A for the motor and it's 0.90A of typical 1.0A max. The RGB fans out there that don't use an external power source for the lighting tend to be dimmer and with fewer LEDs.

I think you best bet here is to try and find a single Corsair "SP120-RGB". That is the same as those in the front and can plug into your 6 port RGB hub in the case at the #4 slot. That won't get you CUE integration. It will make them all run together. Be very careful with the naming. There are more than a dozen different "SP" fans. A SP-RGB is not the same as a SP-PRO or SP-Elite. Neither of those will work.