Corsair Community

Vengeance 1500 sound not working properly

EricV

I bought a set of these around 2-3 months ago and it worked perfectly! Couldn't ask for any better. Now out of nowhere, it sounds like only the middle part of both speakers work. On top of that, I can't hear the main voice properly; the voice seems really echo-y and really soft. In some songs, I'm completely missing a certain beat and there's yet more to discover I guess.

I've uninstalled the driver and replugged the headset to auto-install the driver again and nothing changed, and it does the same on my other laptop.

Yes, I know this is probably a faulty sound chip inside the headset but I'd like to know if anyone else ever had this problem. About the warranty, it's past 30 days so that's a no-go right? Do I have to spend another 80$ on a headset?

Update: I starting fooling around with the settings and found out that when i slide the balance to either side, the sound problems go away, but still not getting full sound like it would be surround sound.

Edit: Forgot to mention that the sound comes out from both speakers, not just one, even if it's slided all the way to left for example.

Archived