Corsair Community

H100i Platinum water temperature

mbryant121

Hello,

I have noticed that the water temperature in iCUE has been jumping up to 39 degrees celsius at idle. It used to sit around 25 degrees. I have the fans set to max at 30 degrees so i am not sure what is going on. My CPU temps are the same as they used to be. I have the radiator mounted on the top of the case for intake and everything is up to date. Please help.

Assuming you are not in the middle of heat wave, that is a sizeable shift for that CPU. If the coolant temperature has genuinely increased 15C, then your resting CPU temps should also be +15C. If the H100i Temp sits at 39C and the CPU idles at 25C, something else is going on. The Platinum coolers had a strange event where LED setting could falsely impact the temp sensor in the block. If you switch to instant lighting black and see the coolant temp drop 10C in a few seconds or change to full white and it goes up, that likely means you are experiencing this issue and not a genuine cooler breakdown. It's annoyance, but then you have some idea how to manage it.

Full breakdowns on the Platinum series are not common, but if your entire CPU temp range has shifted up 15C, if you start off at 25C and continuously warm as long as you are running, that may indicate a flow problem. With this any kind of load will quickly escalate the coolant temp, but then it does not come down after the load stops. The coolant is not getting to the radiator at the required rate to drop off heat.

Contact Corsair Support. They may try a firmware update first, but if that doesn’t work they might have to replace it. For now, either go dark or you’ll need to program a speed that matches the RGB induced temperature. You can set the pump only to static 0,0,0.

Contact Corsair Support. They may try a firmware update first, but if that doesn’t work they might have to replace it. For now, either go dark or you’ll need to program a speed that matches the RGB induced temperature. You can set the pump only to static 0,0,0.

The RGB isn't a deal breaker so i'm going to pass on calling Corsair.

In the H100i Platinum tab in CUE, select "Lighting Effect" and click on the + to add a new one. Choose static and then set the R:G:B values to 0:0:0. This affects different users to varying degrees. Some not at all. Some 4-6C. +15C is a lot. It's not supposed to happen and it does affect fan control as you have seen.

I'm actually experiencing a similar, but also an exact opposite problem with the H115i Platinum I installed in my system a couple of weeks ago.

If I have my LED's set to full white, everything is fine. But if I turn OFF the lighting entirely/set it to black, the coolant temperature spikes by 2-3 degrees. Turn it back ON, drops back to normal.

Exact same thing happens if i try to set any other lighting option than a static white. Latest firmware + forced update, latest icue.

There's definitely something strange going on here.

I'm actually experiencing a similar, but also an exact opposite problem with the H115i Platinum I installed in my system a couple of weeks ago.

If I have my LED's set to full white, everything is fine. But if I turn OFF the lighting entirely/set it to black, the coolant temperature spikes by 2-3 degrees. Turn it back ON, drops back to normal.

Exact same thing happens if i try to set any other lighting option than a static white. Latest firmware + forced update, latest icue.

I remember at least one other user having the inverse expected reaction, like you. It didn't make sense to me either. I would contact Corsair Support and see if their is specific firmware fix for that aspect or other arrangements.