Corsair Community

Corsair Link for Windows 8.1

TheStriker095

Yeah, yeah, I'm sure your currently saying "There are a million other topics about this" but... I'm going to be a picky customer and make another topic.

While there are various ways to use Corsair Link on Windows 8.1 like editing a few registry keys, which I have done... I would still rather use a stable or even beta release that was designed for Windows 8.1. I say this because there are many bugs caused by using the unsupported version on Windows 8.1.

On October 18th 2013, 1 day after Windows 8.1 was released user "Corsair George" posted "We hope to have a Windows 8.1 BETA available in the next 4-6 weeks here on the forum." Since that post it has been nearly 7 weeks, and no update status, beta download, nothing...

Because I also work in programming, I do understand that updating software can take some time. But when a large company says we hope to have a version out by this date, I would hope that they would, mainly because people have purchased products to work with the software that is provided (or not provided in this case). Some people I'm sure choose to buy certain parts simply because of Corsair Link, and I'm also sure they are not very happy with the lack of support with it at this given time.

Anyway... my rant is over, a simple update on the status of the Corsair Link update for Windows 8.1 would be awesome!

Regards,

Brodie M

LiveAndBuild.Net Management

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmmm. Wonder if it is because Corsair didn't write the underlying software package - Link is just a re-skinned Maestro software from Coolit.

Coolit make the H60, H80i and H100i for Corsair and on Coolit's website you will find the statement "Coolant temperature and cooling performance adjustments can be made directly from the desktop with the Corsair Link based on CoolIT's Maestro software."

So are they waiting for Coolit to update their software first?

Whatever, still doesn't explain the lack of update from Corsair!

For sure, on my side, ever since i got my 1st Corsair H80... then the Corsair Link and then a Corsair H100i... which are all related to the Corsair Link Software...

I have never felt so LEFT OUT, as a customer in my whole PC experience life, which is over 20 years old as we speak.

Never i felt so unaware of anything,

Never i felt so un-supported,

Never i felt any confidence on the products

Than i am as we speak...

I upgraded all my PC's at home to Windows 8.1... except for the 2 that are running the Corsair Cooling Solution... which right now, is getting me angry, because those 2 PC are my mainstream gaming PC's

So, because of this "lack of support". This will be the LAST EVER product that will be carrying the Corsair brand, in ANY of my PC's, i know, we can't put everything in the same basket, but there are other products out there, where we feel supported, where the quality is very good... so right now... i am already looking at alternative solution to my cooling, just to get rid of that Corsair Link software from my system.

So Corsair, feel the pain and see your market share go down from now on, because on my company's Behalf, on myself, and i hope from many other customers... i will never recommend ANY Corsair product to ANY of my customers, friends or family members, and my ground for this will be "Lack of support and lack of software update when it was mostly required for the good working order of their own products".

That being said... farewell Corsair!

I do have to agree with the original poster Corsair have been way to quiet with this and need to give us a proper update there excuse is they licenced the product from another company and rebranded it. So I do understand they are limited to waiting on CoolIT but maybe they need to put a lot more pressure on them and give us a real update.

Also Rassal I feel the same as you on some points that we been left in the dark with little support and documentation for the link products its not funny I'm starting to feel like I paid into a public hardware beta.

I do have to agree with the original poster Corsair have been way to quiet with this and need to give us a proper update there excuse is they licenced the product from another company and rebranded it. So I do understand they are limited to waiting on CoolIT but maybe they need to put a lot more pressure on them and give us a real update.

Also Rassal I feel the same as you on some points that we been left in the dark with little support and documentation for the link products its not funny I'm starting to feel like I paid into a public hardware beta.

public beta testing?

i feel like Corsair STOLEN my money, proper reached into my pocket and mugged me

Hmmm. Wonder if it is because Corsair didn't write the underlying software package - Link is just a re-skinned Maestro software from Coolit.

Coolit make the H60, H80i and H100i for Corsair and on Coolit's website you will find the statement "Coolant temperature and cooling performance adjustments can be made directly from the desktop with the Corsair Link based on CoolIT's Maestro software."

So are they waiting for Coolit to update their software first?

Whatever, still doesn't explain the lack of update from Corsair!

I was actually wondering this myself, I even tried to find the Maestro software to see if it would work with the Corsair line of products, however I can find no download Links anywhere. Seems bizarre is you ask me...

Also I'm quite surprised this has not gotten a reply from RAM GUY yet...

:confused:That's interesting about Maestro... and it may explain why theirs no news.

However, respectfully, it's called Corsair Link - Not Maestro Link - my h100i carries the Corsair name, so I guess I'm solely holding Corsair accountable to support their customers.

Customers and vendors alike seem to often forget, responsible support starts with communication. If theirs trouble due to out of house development problems? Fine. So be it. We'd all understand that.

So then why not let us know? To expect to wait another 4-6?

To me, theirs a big difference between simple disappointment and loss of faith and/or trust in a brand (no matter the product). What would be the downside? Would a bunch of people react angrily about another delay and start posting Ebay listings on their Hydro's??? Well, that's their choice as a customer. Tough tatas. Guess somebody at Corsair should of been more proactive about assuring testing was carried out with the Enterprise preview and Build 9600 (Did they even check with Maestro?) - However, I'd be willing to bet, the vast majority would be understanding and simply temper their expectations.

But again - who's name comes on the box? I didn't see any "Brought to you by:" sticker lol... and as is always the case with with support? It's the lack of communication that always bothers me the most.

This borderlines of total absence of communication. I find that pretty unacceptable.

Most of us have more than one piece of Corsair brand equipment - I plan on making future purchases of Corsair equipment - but this level of support doesn't encourage me. I don't think it's too much to ask to expect timely updates regarding a fix that's bricked the feature, that for me personally, motivated my upgrade to an h100i. Whether it being a worth while reason is besides the point.

Work-arounds are great, but I expect something tested and stable - from Corsair.

Makes me wonder... When something bad happens, does this lack of communication take place on the Nuetron forums??

Like I said, I'm not trying to incite anger here - Just feels like patience is running thin. Not trying to troll anybody - it's just how I personally feel - and imo, based on the level of interaction between corsair and those affected by this, I don't think it'd be right to blame anyone for feeling the same way I do.

Hopefully, we'll all hear something soon - and all of this will be made moot!

I have been checking these forums, pretty much every day, since the post by Corsair George for more news on this update. I am using a H100i to cool a 4930k. It works as far as cooling goes, but I would really like the Link back! I am not comfortable using this cooler without the software! Please give us an update! I am not wanting to jump ship, but we really should have heard back from Corsair on this by now. Help us out?

How To Fix

1. Use at own risk

2. Download "CorsairLink-Installer-RC-v2.4.5110.exe"

3. Open "regedit"

4. Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Enum > USB > VID_1B1C&PID_0C04 > 5&28a8b183&0&2 > Device Parameters >

5. Change All REG_DWORD to Value 0

6. Exit

7. Restart PC

Once Rebooted Login run Corsair Link and Bamm Its Fixed Your Welcome Corsair :)

How To Fix

1. Use at own risk

2. Download "CorsairLink-Installer-RC-v2.4.5110.exe"

3. Open "regedit"

4. Goto HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Enum > USB > VID_1B1C&PID_0C04 > 5&28a8b183&0&2 > Device Parameters >

5. Change All REG_DWORD to Value 0

6. Exit

7. Restart PC

Once Rebooted Login run Corsair Link and Bamm Its Fixed Your Welcome Corsair :)

xfusionpower, I appreciate the attempt, I really do as it is more than what Corsair is doing, but I tried the above and my Corsairlink keeps shutting down so unfortunately this fix doesn't work for me.

xfusionpower, I appreciate the attempt, I really do as it is more than what Corsair is doing, but I tried the above and my Corsairlink keeps shutting down so unfortunately this fix doesn't work for me.

The only other thing i did was i opened the folder where the files were and for every exe that said corsair i opened properties and selected it to run it as administrator

my corsairlink is still running right now as you see this no problems as you see in the picture 914373753_mydesktop.thumb.jpg.2638f906dd3a3f367414542632408305.jpg

are you running windows 7 or 8?? because if your running windows 7 the only way i was able to get it not to crash was to run "CorsairLINK_HardwareMonitor.exe" First, then run the actual corsair link program "CorsairLINK.exe" you can find the files in Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Link

Hope that helps your situation

@toasted I get loads of these errors in my event log (using the reg tweak and clean install of 8.1)

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Corsair Link
Date:          08/12/2013 10:18:17 PM
Event ID:      0
Task Category: None
Level:         Error
Keywords:      Classic
User:          N/A
Computer:      BedRoom-PC
Description:
System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot set Visibility to Visible or call Show, ShowDialog, Close, or WindowInteropHelper.EnsureHandle while a Window is closing.
  at System.Windows.Window.VerifyNotClosing()
  at System.Windows.Window.InternalClose(Boolean shutdown, Boolean ignoreCancel)
  at System.Windows.Window.Close()
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.InternalWindow.WindowWithNoChromeWindowHost.Close()
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowBase.CloseHostImidiately()
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowBase.OnCloseAnimationFinished()
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowBase.PlayCloseAnimation()
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowBase.TryClose(Boolean shouldCloseHost)
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowBase.Telerik.Windows.Controls.InternalWindow.IWindowDragAware.TryClose(Boolean shouldCloseHost)
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.InternalWindow.WindowWithNoChromeWindowHost.OnWindowClosing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Window.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Window.UpdateWindowListsOnClose()
  at System.Windows.Window.InternalDispose()
  at System.Windows.Window.WmDestroy()
  at System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
 <System>
   <Provider Name="Corsair Link" />
   <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
   <Level>2</Level>
   <Task>0</Task>
   <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
   <TimeCreated SystemTime="2013-12-08T22:18:17.000000000Z" />
   <EventRecordID>4078</EventRecordID>
   <Channel>Application</Channel>
   <Computer>BedRoom-PC</Computer>
   <Security />
 </System>
 <EventData>
   <Data>System.InvalidOperationException: Cannot set Visibility to Visible or call Show, ShowDialog, Close, or WindowInteropHelper.EnsureHandle while a Window is closing.
  at System.Windows.Window.VerifyNotClosing()
  at System.Windows.Window.Close()
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.InternalWindow.WindowWithNoChromeWindowHost.Close()
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowBase.CloseHostImidiately()
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowBase.OnCloseAnimationFinished()
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowBase.PlayCloseAnimation()
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowBase.TryClose(Boolean shouldCloseHost)
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.WindowBase.Telerik.Windows.Controls.InternalWindow.IWindowDragAware.TryClose(Boolean shouldCloseHost)
  at Telerik.Windows.Controls.InternalWindow.WindowWithNoChromeWindowHost.OnWindowClosing(Object sender, CancelEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Window.OnClosing(CancelEventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Window.UpdateWindowListsOnClose()
  at System.Windows.Window.InternalDispose()
  at System.Windows.Window.WmDestroy()
  at System.Windows.Window.WindowFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.PublicHooksFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
  at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
  at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
  at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)</Data>
 </EventData>
</Event>

Quick update guys - the first revision of the software we were testing had a major flaw and was unable to be released. We've addressed it and have a new Beta that we're much more comfortable with and we'll have it released as soon as possible.

Good to hear! I imagine you're wary to give a time-frame due to your last estimate being incorrect, but are we talking a couple days? A week? A month?

As constructive criticism, I would recommend trying to keep us updated as much as possible - even if it is simply "we are still looking into this issue." A lot of us feel left out in the dark when a time is promised, then passed by with no communication.

I'm glad we finally got an update from you today, but my hope is that you'll continue to keep us updated through the next few days/weeks until a Beta is released.

It's about time we get communicated something.

I would have expected Corsair (RAM GUY or Corsair George) to come out to us and say:

" Well guys, girls, we are so sorry, but the software testing isn't going as expected, we ran into major problem which prevent us from releasing a beta software which we have confidence on. Because of that, we will just keep working on it, keep you posted and try to inform the community about our progress. Again, we are very sorry about this situation. "

This is the kind of communication that would calm down people and make them accept that you are trying to create confidence with your customers, and communicate at least once by week to advise on progress.

I feel like there is a project manager or delivery lead at Corsair that head should roll off, or send them shovel elephant **** for a few months until they can properly use a project management software or send them get a PMP certification for christ sake... it would help you out!

Running Windows 7 so not applicable directly to me. But I am interested in Link upgrades as even in Win 7 there are some minor issues.

In my limited experience;

Corsair sell good hardware products, love my case, PSU, cooler etc.

Corsair are good at direct customer support

Corsair are rubbish at;

Communicating with their customers

Providing the information any company would, Release Schedules, Bug lists, where and how to download software

Decent product information.

Documentation.

Archived