Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2019, 10:17 AM
PJH's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024126
PJH Reputation: 20

Hey, hey!

So 3.22.74 again generated the following error during install - read past it for the fix.

I never did figure out what was causing this to happen since it appeared in 3.21. Reinstalling 3.20 from the .msi file worked so I just stuck with that. When it happened again for 3.22.74 this is what I did to resolve the installation problem.

Navigate to ProgramData\Corsair\CUE\Settings

Backed up the files in \Settings just in case.

Deleted the directory Corsair\ so it was no longer in ProgramData.

Ran the 3.22.74.msi file and encountered no issue.

One of the files in the \Settings directory may not have been able to be removed, written over, or edited but thankfully removing the Corsair directory from ProgramData resolved the error shown above.

This allowed the installation to recreate the Corsair directory and associated files in ProgramData without error.

Happy RBGing!
Old 11-16-2019, 01:43 PM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024143
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

All went fine over here (3x LL fans + 4 strips to a LNP)

I love the new fans, I cannot wait till you guys release some 200mm ones.
Old 11-16-2019, 08:21 PM

POST ID # = 1024161
Tongdedude Reputation: 10

Is there also a fix related to the problems we might have when connecting two Noctua Industrial PPC 3000 RPM fans to an H115i Pro RGB controller?
Old 11-16-2019, 08:56 PM
jakigui's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024165
jakigui Reputation: 10
Default Upgraded no issues so far

Upgraded no issues so far
Old 11-17-2019, 04:07 AM
TripDawg's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024181
TripDawg Reputation: 10
Default Actions Library Fix

Thank you! Deleting my Actions Library made it so my F keys are now correct.
With this latest patch, my F keys were pressing all sorts of other buttons.
This was a huge hassle as I thought it was phantom typing and returned the keyboard under an extended warranty to the retailer. K70.
3.21.88 also works, but did not load my profiles. I'm now back on 3.22.74 with an empty Actions Library and my profiles are working and so are the F keys.
Old 11-17-2019, 05:27 AM
dpshears's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024184
dpshears Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliti_308 View Post
Same with me.

Feels like an application loads up during windows startup which terminates the RGB effects, do a possible conflict. Does it still light up when starting your PC in safe mode where most other applications are not started? That’ll give a hint something is conflicting with it.
On system startup, Your peripherals will be set to the default RGB rainbow effect, or if the device has on board memory, you can save your profile to that. Though i believe the on board storage is the only way to do that without ICUE running. The on board storage can only be changed through ICUE, which should be available as a specific profile. Unfortunately the program has a high impact on startup so you may notice it may take a second for your system to boot and ICUE to fully take over if you are using it. THe onboard profile can make this a lot smoother. As for the St100 it may just be that nothing is set on the lighting profile, or because it does not have on board storage it pretty much means you have to have ICUE running. That or check the cable connection. I've found the cable is very heavy at connection point to the unit and has bent over time, got a new one and was working okay, pop something under if it is being fickle.
Old 11-17-2019, 10:26 AM
Dakkadakaa's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024200
Dakkadakaa Reputation: 10

Hello, thank you for the update
i would love to see some new features added though , there are very nice ideas on the suggestions section of the forums!
Old 11-17-2019, 10:32 AM
Sacco Belmonte's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024201
Sacco Belmonte Reputation: 10

Today I got iCUE to not recognize any device after testing with AIDA64 for 30s

Is been two years folks, and you cannot fix that?
Old 11-17-2019, 06:04 PM

POST ID # = 1024235
Panto Reputation: 10
Sigh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpshears View Post
On system startup, Your peripherals will be set to the default RGB rainbow effect, or if the device has on board memory, you can save your profile to that. Though i believe the on board storage is the only way to do that without ICUE running. The on board storage can only be changed through ICUE, which should be available as a specific profile. Unfortunately the program has a high impact on startup so you may notice it may take a second for your system to boot and ICUE to fully take over if you are using it. THe onboard profile can make this a lot smoother. As for the St100 it may just be that nothing is set on the lighting profile, or because it does not have on board storage it pretty much means you have to have ICUE running. That or check the cable connection. I've found the cable is very heavy at connection point to the unit and has bent over time, got a new one and was working okay, pop something under if it is being fickle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliti_308 View Post
Same with me.

Feels like an application loads up during windows startup which terminates the RGB effects, do a possible conflict. Does it still light up when starting your PC in safe mode where most other applications are not started? That’ll give a hint something is conflicting with it.
Hi guys ,

I tested the connection but it's a brand new device, and have nothing wrong with it.
When I plug in and unplug without Icue running in the background it's like 5 seconds with the rainbow effect, and then back out.

It even flashes the rgb a few more seconds and then goes back out again. With the icue running everything is normal.

My Polaris mousepad also has no onboard memory but it works normal with the rainbow effect so i guess if had something in conflict would give the mousepad as well.

I have the Mousepad, the k95 platinum, the void pro wireless and the ST 100 and the only one that totally turns off the lights is the ST 100.
I will test in safe mode too.

Edit: Have tested in windows safe mode and still the same, all lights up with rainbow effect and when come to windows password screen just ST 100 lights off until i start ICUE.

Last edited by Panto; 11-17-2019 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:21 PM
thestu's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024318
thestu Reputation: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mussels View Post
*Addition

I guess we aren't getting that new driver for the RGB RAM lighting this update
I am waiting for this one too...

With this new driver, I hope that I'll software control will be better on the CPU to have my RAM modules turn off when the computer sleeps...
Old 11-18-2019, 03:00 PM
Griff_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024341
Griff_ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaskedShadow View Post
I only have one macro defined and it's in the Actions Library of the M65 and is a "toggle" type macro.

What I press on the ESC button of my MK70 MK2.SE, it activates that macro for some reason. Pressing on ESC again deactivates it (since it's a toggle).

PS: The workaround for me was to delete that macro for now, and have no issues with pressing ESC anymore.
Thank god, I'm not the only one.

Eversince I updated to 3.22.74 i've experienced the same issues, and what i've discovered is:

Actions LIBRARY are mapped to the keyboard's escape row in order.
Pressing Escape will execute Macro #1, pressing F1 will execute macro #2, and so on. Reordering the list will be applied upon restarting iCUE. The workaround is to enumerate all Fkey macros manually and keep them ordered, so that when you press F1, the F1 remap to F1 is executed (if this makes sense).

Its a real pain and i've honestly no clue how something so breaking could get through testing. Please fix this ASAP Corsair!. UK Keyboard layout on Corsair K70 using "English (American English)" iCUE setting in Windows 10 18362.476

Last edited by Griff_; 11-18-2019 at 03:14 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 06:19 PM

POST ID # = 1024369
Dagda Reputation: 10

Yes on K95 and K95P having actions saved in action library will make your keyboard go mad
Old 11-19-2019, 04:03 AM

POST ID # = 1024392
PersonaJXT Reputation: 10

Also having problems with the K95 with this update. It seems to overlap various macros you may have to the Esc and F# keys. Deleting appdata stuff and reinstalling iCue will randomly overlap macros with those buttons, such as for instance Win + Tab was assigned to F5 once and then Esc another time. An annoying bug to be sure for anyone with a lot of macros.

Corsair support told me to use an older version, which avoids the problem (apparently 3.18 was the most stable recent version?). Just gotta wait for an update that fixes things now I guess.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:52 PM
Griff_'s PC Specs

POST ID # = 1024479
Griff_ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaJXT View Post
Also having problems with the K95 with this update. It seems to overlap various macros you may have to the Esc and F# keys. Deleting appdata stuff and reinstalling iCue will randomly overlap macros with those buttons, such as for instance Win + Tab was assigned to F5 once and then Esc another time. An annoying bug to be sure for anyone with a lot of macros.

Corsair support told me to use an older version, which avoids the problem (apparently 3.18 was the most stable recent version?). Just gotta wait for an update that fixes things now I guess.
Seems you are right, after further usage of the method i posted above, i have discovered this workaround only kicked the can further down the road. With all macro's set up for the escape row, the "unconsented macro binding" issue has now mapped all further macros in the actions library to the numeric row, just bellow the function keys. For some weird reason the software is now overflowing the problem further down the rows of the keyboard, exclusive of PGUP / numpad sections. I assume that unless I want to manually bind all of my keys then the only real solution, assuming that I do not want to wipe my macros, is to create a temporary profile to store my actions library so that i can keep the library empty.
Old 11-21-2019, 02:02 PM

POST ID # = 1024732
WillYo Reputation: 10

How can I roll back my iCue to previous version?