Corsair Community

Help needed CPU overheating rapidly

dirwin85

Good Afternoon,

I am building a new dedicated plex server and am having some issues with it shutting down due to temperature whenever the processor has to do a little bit of work.

I am using the H60 hydro cooler and it does not appear to remove any of the heat. Idling does not appear to affect it much or generate much heat.

The processor is a Ryzen 7 1800X

I have removed and reapplied thermal paste with it having no effect, for that i am using Artic MX-4.

Please help me, i am so lost

Does the CPU temperature instantly hit the higher range? Or can you watch it climb in the BIOS 45-50-55-60... and up?

You can't see coolant temperature on the H60, but reach behind and feel if the exhaust air is hot or cold.

You should have a BIOS or other hardware monitor speed reading of around 4000-4200 for the H60 pump. Do you see that in the BIOS? Or does it say 0?

The H60 pump needs a constant supply of 12v. Whatever header it's connected to should be set to 100%/disabled or whatever language your BIOS uses to describe a constant 12v. If set to low it will not start and has negative consequences for now and future cooling performance.

Archived