The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2019, 10:56 AM

POST ID # = 1023807
junneh Reputation: 10
Default Lighting node pro pinout

Can anyone tell me the pinout on the lighting node core that comes with my case?

I want to do some soldering work to hookup some other lighting stuff to it.
Old 11-13-2019, 11:07 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023813
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Pin 1 is marked by a triangle on the connector.
With that ... it's +5V/Data Return/Data Out/Ground. Note that this is for the Lighting Node Core that you mentioned in the text of your post, not the Lighting Node Pro that's in the title. They are different devices.

What are you looking to connect? Soldering typically isn't necessary (they use crimp connectors) and there are adapter cables already available from a 3rd party.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 11-13-2019, 02:48 PM

POST ID # = 1023838

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
Pin 1 is marked by a triangle on the connector.
With that ... it's +5V/Data Return/Data Out/Ground. Note that this is for the Lighting Node Core that you mentioned in the text of your post, not the Lighting Node Pro that's in the title. They are different devices.

What are you looking to connect? Soldering typically isn't necessary (they use crimp connectors) and there are adapter cables already available from a 3rd party.

I made a mistake in the title. Im talking about the lighting node CORE.

Ideally I would like to connect 1 or 2 Phanteks Halos DRGB and maybe one of their new neon strips (this might be too much power draw tho, they quite long)

Im asking cus I understand and have soldered argb stuff many times, however this was just between the reguylar mobo connectors and the phanteks jst sm connector. Im abit more puzzled on the Node CORE im seeing 4 wires Which one do i leave out? data return?

Also, if you could point me to the 3rd party selling this stuff it would be great. I have found a US seller on ebay but thats 20 dollar shipping for 1 cable... bit much. Eu or China preferred.

Last edited by junneh; 11-13-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:23 PM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023852
DevBiker Reputation: 88

The only seller is the US one that you've likely found. AFAIK, there's no one else that does the Corsair adapters. International shipping is, unfortunately, expensive.

The data return is to send the signal to the next one device on the hub. The 3-pin devices don't support that so you'll need to jump pin 2 and pin 3 to duplicate the signal down the chain.

And you have a limit of 120 total LEDs. Those Phanteks can consume that very quickly.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 11-13-2019, 08:01 PM
BlaiseP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1023862
BlaiseP Reputation: 35

Nobody makes a Phanteks ARGB to Corsair cable, you need to go down the Aura/Mystic Light path which can patch into the Phanteks cabling ecosystem. You have an option from ModDYI; the Corsair LED RGB 3 Pin to 5v RGB 3 Pin Female Connector Adapter Cable. I've used them in the past and they normally ship from Hong Kong but that doesn't really matter as the cable I listed comes with free shipping.

I have one on order (so untested) but have cut out most of my ARGB since I transplanted my system into a Phanteks Luxe 2. I was going to use it to control the built-in ARGB for the case but the case default controller is sufficing at the moment. I also have a Pirate Dog Tech cable (nearly $AUD45 shipped to Australia) that I was using to control the Phanteks D140 distro plate RGB and it worked very well configured as 2 x RGB strips under one of my Commander Pro's lighting channel.
Old 11-14-2019, 07:54 AM

POST ID # = 1023895

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevBiker View Post
The only seller is the US one that you've likely found. AFAIK, there's no one else that does the Corsair adapters. International shipping is, unfortunately, expensive.

The data return is to send the signal to the next one device on the hub. The 3-pin devices don't support that so you'll need to jump pin 2 and pin 3 to duplicate the signal down the chain.

And you have a limit of 120 total LEDs. Those Phanteks can consume that very quickly.
Sorry my english is not the best.

What do you mean by jump the cable? make pin 2 and 3 together in 1 wire?