Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Audio

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-2016, 07:01 AM
Avindino's PC Specs

POST ID # = 862514
Avindino Reputation: 10
Exclamation Leaving the cable in is not a solution

Now I am a corsair enthusiast, I love these products, but a wireless headset that auto shutdowns at random intervals of less then 30 mins (how do i know this? well because they do it no matter what i do or do not have open, even just sitting at the desktop) is impossible to work with.
Now not to hit down any attempt to help with flames , but why would i spend an extra 50-100 bucks just to have a wireless headset i have to leave plugged in to use ...... that just makes me want my money back.... more over the auto shutdown feature continues to shutdown the headset even while plugged in and charging.
I can say quite clearly that buying this particular headset was a mistake , i've had it since the beginning of this year and had nothing but problems with it.
For example, when i walk to the kitchen (about 10-20m away) the headset drops out..... not an issue.... but when i return to my room there is no other way to get the headset to reconnect to the computer other then removing and reconnecting the usb dongle.....
this winds up being very frustrating if i go for more then 2 cups of tea during the day.
I use windows 10 64 bit i have 16 gigs of DDR3 ram using dual channel so 4 4gig sticks, i use the msi 970 gaming motherboard, i have an AMD FX 8320 black edition processor, i use the GTX 980ti graphics card as my main graphics card and i run a GTX 760 for dedicated phys-x, i have tried updating firmware, reinstalling software, setting everything back to factory and re running installing again.... nothing works, i was even tempted to see if i could program the auto shutdown feature out of it all together but there are no walk through so I'm stuck unless i can get assistance here....

Old 07-15-2016, 08:50 AM

POST ID # = 862523
Toasted Toasted Reputation: 124

The VOID Wireless headset needing a replug after losing connection is a known issue that is being looked into.

What version of CUE are you using? Are you on the latest version?

Old 07-15-2016, 07:23 PM
Avindino's PC Specs

POST ID # = 862588

yeah i'm using the latest version as well as fully updated firmware

Old 07-16-2016, 04:55 AM

POST ID # = 862626

Just for a confirmation on your issue, The headset turns off automatically even if audio is playing in the background (Excluding the range issue)? Is Auto shutoff disabled in CUE?

Upload your latest log file when the VOID Wireless headset automatically turns off.
Logs can be accessed from Settings>Support>View logs.

Old 07-18-2016, 04:02 AM
Avindino's PC Specs

POST ID # = 862933

this is correct, even if audio is playing for instance today i was watching "The 100" on netflix while playing world of warcraft and holding a skype call and the headset auto shut off about 6 times over the coarse of 3-4 hours.... sometimes it's more regular, sometimes less, regardless of being plugged in or unplugged from a power source, now i went to look for those logs and the latest one was days before when i needed a log file, is there anyway to force it to create an up to date log file so i can do this right after i have the issue again for a more accurate reading?

Old 07-18-2016, 05:06 AM

POST ID # = 862936

A log is generated when CUE starts running. So the last log file will be the latest.

Old 01-04-2019, 04:18 PM

POST ID # = 988277
heavenlyevl Reputation: 10

i've had this headset for 2 days and as far as i can tell the bug is using the headset with the icue program. if you exit icue (and sadly get stuck with the default you began with, i wanted no lights to save power so this is why it's sad for me) and stay out of it this bug stops.

Old 01-09-2019, 09:43 AM
Amir's PC Specs

POST ID # = 988966
Amir Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavenlyevl View Post
i've had this headset for 2 days and as far as i can tell the bug is using the headset with the icue program. if you exit icue (and sadly get stuck with the default you began with, i wanted no lights to save power so this is why it's sad for me) and stay out of it this bug stops.
Try re-installing iCUE and using a USB 2.0 port. USB 3.0 interferes with the signal.

Old 01-10-2019, 02:13 PM
JayP777's PC Specs

POST ID # = 989144
JayP777 Reputation: 10

Hay guys.. It's 2019 now and I still have this problem..

I've had the Corsair voids a while.. When corsair link and CUE was split into two different applications everything was amazing had the best headset ever and didn't have to worry about anything, it was Always ready..

It seems as if though my headset is no longer functioning like it did ever since the new iCUE software released and Corsair Link was no longer needed..

1st issue: Corsair H115i does not remember settings.. Every time I turn of my computer it reverts back to old colours and the fan curve I fine tuned is just gone.. I found a work around for this error with a batch file that restarts the Corsair services on each start-up.. So that fixed this issue kinda...

2nd Issue: I can't at all use my headset while it's plugged into my computer at all.. and before you ask.. I've checked the cable and I've checked the headset multiple times they are both working 100% on the hardware side, but since iCUE Every time I try and use my headset while plugged in my Windows 10 freaks.. It keeps making the "usb device disconnected" sound like every second or every 2 seconds.. I've learnt myself to charge the headset when I'm AFK but on the days I forget it'll be nice to be able to use the headset as I once did..

3rd Issue: The "Auto Shutdown Initiated" bug since I've had the void I had the auto shut down enabled because it's a neat function that can save a ton of battery life especially with the abovementioned charging issue, but I play 5 mins and auto shut down is initiated, this is not bound to any type of game or software the error occurs with any type of media, YouTube, Netflix, Dota, battlefield, etc. The only way I can work around this issue is to disable/enable the Mic every time it initiates the auto shut down..

Can someone please direct me in the right way.. Never have I ever had to deal with 3 issues from 1 company at the same time.. I take care of my stuff.. If I have to transport my headset I do so with original packaging.. I'm on the point of getting rid of everything Corsair because of all the issues.. It's SUPER frustrating.. I paid good money for these components.. So please...

Thank you..

System specs:
Asus Z370 Prime-A
Intel core I5-8600K
Corsair H115i Cooler
16GB corsair vengeance
MSI RTX 2080
Corsair RM850i

Edit: iCUE version 3.10.125

Old 01-14-2019, 07:57 AM

POST ID # = 989803
Tsath Reputation: 10

Same issue ... in 2019. Void pro auto shutdowns ALL THE FREAKIN' TIME Only option is to turn it off completely in the settngs.

Old 05-31-2019, 03:31 AM

POST ID # = 1006359
Hyncharas Reputation: 12

It could be the "play and charge" functionality is no longer compatible with iCUE's more recent builds...

I have this issue with the headset, too, but honestly can't remember what build it worked on before.

Old 07-16-2019, 10:25 AM

POST ID # = 1011485
heavenlyevl Reputation: 10
Sad

lol sadly the 2.0 ports are gone, using one that plugs into a 3.0 to give me extra ports. either way this is the least of my problems with this headset. the person who recommended it must have a huge pumpkin head and i pity his mother rofl on the smallest setting it rocks and if i move too suddenly or wrong angle it flies off taking a few hairs with it...my do is ****ed after 6 months with it grrrr and my hair is 29" long so the short ones really stand out...i miss my old plantronics 995

Old 09-30-2019, 06:49 AM
Laakso's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1019697
Laakso Reputation: 10
Default FIX: Auto Shutdown Bug

Hello, it was a long time ago that this thread started. But I felt that because I bought the headset myself about just a week ago and had the same problem, that I should post my fix.

I had the same problem as everyone here. I've seen many different solutions which didn't work. But I was playing around myself and found a solution which worked for me and I haven't had any problems since. The solution was to literally just restart the headset using the power on/off button on the left ear.

I hope that this little reply will help more people that went here searching for help like myself.

Old 11-25-2019, 01:56 PM
paul_wade's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1025170
paul_wade Reputation: 10
Sad Still an issue

Windows 10 latest (not insider)
while listening to spotify the headset will tell me shutdown has started but then it never shuts down.

Tags
auto shutdown, bug, software, void, wireless