The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 04-28-2019, 10:14 PM

POST ID # = 1002896
jtb33 Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackScorpion View Post
Update from within the app

Wonder if they pulled it, then. It says "no updates" when I try.
Old 04-29-2019, 12:04 AM

POST ID # = 1002902
rmastbro Reputation: 10
Default Success !!! Harpoon wireless with macOS Mojave

I can 100% confirm that ICUE 3.15.101 functions with my Harpoon wireless + macOS Mojave and WITHOUT issues with quicktime

See attached images.

Just "Check for update" and update with 3.15.101.

Nice work Corsair team !!!

Last edited by rmastbro; 04-29-2019 at 12:07 AM.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:46 AM

POST ID # = 1002938
CmD0_ Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmastbro View Post
I can 100% confirm that ICUE 3.15.101 functions with my Harpoon wireless + macOS Mojave and WITHOUT issues with quicktime

See attached images.

Just "Check for update" and update with 3.15.101.

Nice work Corsair team !!!
I can confirm the harpoon works now, however, you failed to mention that it needs a firmware update from a windows based iCUE before working on mac . Otherwise yeah great to have my mouse working!
Old 04-29-2019, 08:31 PM
BlackScorpion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003024
BlackScorpion Reputation: 10

My "wired" harpoon RGB mouse works great even though it is not detected in the ICue app.
Old 04-30-2019, 02:25 AM

POST ID # = 1003043
rmastbro Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by CmD0_ View Post
I can confirm the harpoon works now, however, you failed to mention that it needs a firmware update from a windows based iCUE before working on mac . Otherwise yeah great to have my mouse working!
Ahhh, I did .... "Just "Check for update" and update with 3.15.101." ... LOL
Old 04-30-2019, 03:58 PM

POST ID # = 1003114
max.rj_ Reputation: 10
Question Glaive RGB

When will the Glaive RGB Mouse be compatible with the Mac iCUE software?
Old 05-01-2019, 05:29 AM

POST ID # = 1003183
Mondrayy Reputation: 10
Default K95 RGB Gradient lighting effect broken

I just updated iCUE to 3.15.101 and the lighting effects for my K95 RGB keyboard broke. This is just unbearable. Thank you for fixing QuickTime issues but this is bad bug. I had set up custom lighting effect so that only one key lights up when it's pressed but now everything is just blue and it's annoying. Keyboard software is latest 3.21.7168. Please fix it. And thank you for your work so far
Screenshot 2019-05-01 at 12.23.45.png
Old 05-02-2019, 07:53 PM
bestlem's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003419
bestlem Reputation: 10

How do you remap the caps lock? I have a K70 Mk 2 keyboard and running macOS 10.14.4 and icue 3.14.104 and 3.15.101

I think all other keys are listed on one of the sets in remap but not caps lock and I think insert and num lock and application and all the modifier keys

From looking at https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...h.g1ygi79j5mus we seem to be missing the REMAP MODIFIERS AND LOCK KEYS page

Last edited by bestlem; 05-02-2019 at 08:23 PM.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:59 AM

POST ID # = 1003540
Luna5021 Reputation: 10

I have a corsair Harpoon RGB and it's not detected with the software and when the software is on it does not work proper
Old 05-06-2019, 05:42 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1003737
Corsair James Reputation: 75

Hi all, link has been updated with v3.15.

As an additional note, we know of an issue with our current implementation of the audio driver that is causing applications to crash in Mojave macOS. We had a workaround to support surround sound in macOS (something that isn't technically available to us natively) but unfortunately with this OS version, our solution is no longer working properly. In iCUE 3.16, we will temporarily be hiding all audio devices as we remove the audio driver. We are working on a new solution to bring back surround sound to this platform but until we are confident there are no issues, audio will not be supported in the coming release in the software. You still will be able to, however, use the headset as a plug and play device.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 05-07-2019, 05:59 PM

POST ID # = 1003875
existemi Reputation: 10

I just tried out the open beta today, kudos to Corsair for supporting MacOS!

I do however see some changes to my keyboard that I did not expect. Some parts of the keyboard layout will be like on a native Apple keyboard, and some behave like I'm on Windows. This puts me in the situation where there are certain keys I cannot type whilst iCUE is running (works 100% like native Apple keyboard with iCUE not running, and all modifications I need is saved from my Windows machine to hardware profile, I have the K95 Platinum).

I am using Nordic/Norwegian layout.

Left square bracket ([) on this layout on a native keyboard is alt+8, on windows it is altgr+8. With iCUE running this behaves like a windows keyboard.

Left curly bracket ({) on this layout on a native keyboard is alt+shift+8, on windows it is altgr+7. None of the combinations works when iCUE is running, and I thus do not know how to type a curly bracket. (altgr+7 will type a pipe (|), which is native behavior with alt)

Any tips on what to do? I see no settings in iCUE or System Preferences which will modify this.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:05 PM

POST ID # = 1003887
techballer Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
Hi all, link has been updated with v3.15.

As an additional note, we know of an issue with our current implementation of the audio driver that is causing applications to crash in Mojave macOS. We had a workaround to support surround sound in macOS (something that isn't technically available to us natively) but unfortunately with this OS version, our solution is no longer working properly. In iCUE 3.16, we will temporarily be hiding all audio devices as we remove the audio driver. We are working on a new solution to bring back surround sound to this platform but until we are confident there are no issues, audio will not be supported in the coming release in the software. You still will be able to, however, use the headset as a plug and play device.
Hello James, how you doing? I'm using the 2017 Macbook Pro for web-dev and I needed good mechanical keyboard but this time with more colors and lights so I purchased "Corsair K70 RGB MK.2" exactly 1 day ago. In fact less than 24 hours ago :)

Long story short, I got to use the following iCUE software versions and I think I found a bug I am not sure I can describe well now (but could do better job later):
iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg

I ran with this happy as hell and took the free "Stable Orb" profile from community.
I then added 1 custom "GRADIENT on keypress effect" so that SINGLE KEY gets "gradient fade in/out for 0.5secs"...and it worked as expected and applied effect only to "SINGLE KEY that was PRESSED"

...hours go by then to my surprise I see new update version "iCUE-3.15.101-release.dmg" released (what a "purchase vs release" timing)

So I updated iCue to latest version (the original forum post link you replaced, and also announced couple days ago)....

So the bug I found seems to be as follows:
- unable to apply GRADIENT lightning effect to "SINGLE KEY ONLY" (the only key that was pressed)

- instead what happens is ALL KEYS get the effect applied

LUCKILY the old .dmg was in my osx trash still, so i REVERTED back to version "iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg"

I guess I will have to perform another clean iCUE install (with restart) to be sure that I am not misleading you with flawed testing results (but I am not optimistic given I fiddled with it for a while and could no longer get it to work the same way as before the update.....even though it is basic lighting effect)

I uploaded my iCue profile file so that you can try it out yourself on both versions of the software to if my GREEN GRADIENT effects gets applied to only single-key-pressed (or all?)

EDIT:
i created quick GIF to show what happens.....when I press single key ALL KEYS light up that color instead of just one like in the older version "iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg"

giphy.gif

Question: are there any versions greater than "iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg" but lower than "iCUE-3.15.101-release.dmg"????????? (for now I have to use iCUE-3.10.125-release.dmg)
Attached Files
File Type: cueprofile Stable orb (key press terminal).cueprofile (187.7 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by techballer; 05-07-2019 at 10:15 PM. Reason: new debug info
Old 05-07-2019, 09:26 PM
BlackScorpion's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003889
BlackScorpion Reputation: 10

Is anyone else using the Void Pro wireless headset, if so what firmware version are you showing? Thanks
Old 05-08-2019, 09:39 AM

POST ID # = 1003927
SalmonGram Reputation: 10

Is the Mac version of iCUE an official Corsair release, or was it the work of a forum member? I ask because I am having an issue with the software recognizing my MM800, and someone in another post recommended contacting Corsair Support for help. When I did, they told me, "Might be a firmware conflict because we do not have ICUE for mac. iCUE is only compatible with wiindows and I believe that the iCUE that you have was created by someone from the forums."
Old 05-09-2019, 09:04 AM

POST ID # = 1004013
Mondrayy Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by techballer View Post
So the bug I found seems to be as follows:
- unable to apply GRADIENT lightning effect to "SINGLE KEY ONLY" (the only key that was pressed)

- instead what happens is ALL KEYS get the effect applied
Seems then like it's iCue wide and not just K95 RGB Platinum with which I have the exact same issue. But I don't have 3.14. laying around which had the lighting effect working perfectly