The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2019, 05:47 PM

POST ID # = 1003133
rocsen Reputation: 10

Good question. I just ran Prime95 and the pump does then jump to 2000rpm
In Link the pump would stay at 1000rpm when set to quiet.

Is there a way to lock it to 1000rpm in iCUE?

One more thing, in Link if I choose one of the default fan profiles (quiet, balance, performance) I can still change the temp sensor source.
In iCUE this doesn't seem to be possible.

And one suggestion. It would be very helpful to access fan/pump profiles from the dashboard. Again this is possible in Link and reduces a lot of clicking and back and forth.

For now I'm sticking with Link.
Old 04-30-2019, 06:05 PM
Djiddy's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003135
Djiddy Reputation: 10

Sorry Corsair but I would like a PC silent at idle.

I paid 3500€ for a gaming PC!
Old 04-30-2019, 09:33 PM
P33R's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003153
P33R Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djiddy View Post
8% CPU charge on i9 9900k???
That doesnt sound right, i have a 9900k too and 9 devices in iCue, all with various lighting effects and the service is around 1% usage +/- 0.5

Edit: Forgot to mention i went back to 14.104...did you have this with 14.104 too or just with the newest version?

Last edited by P33R; 04-30-2019 at 09:36 PM.
Old 04-30-2019, 09:59 PM
BlaiseP's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003156
BlaiseP Reputation: 35

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by P33R View Post
That doesnt sound right, i have a 9900k too and 9 devices in iCue, all with various lighting effects and the service is around 1% usage +/- 0.5

Edit: Forgot to mention i went back to 14.104...did you have this with 14.104 too or just with the newest version?
I just checked mine: 9900k / EVGA Z370 Classified K / 2 x Commander Pro / 4 x RGB strips / Vengeance RGB RAM / AX1200i / K95 Platinum / M65 Pro RGB...

CPU usage 0.4~0.8% ("Enable full software control" is disabled for the RAM in ICUE v3.15.101)
Old 05-01-2019, 12:20 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
DevBiker's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003164
DevBiker Reputation: 88

Quote:
Do you have full software control enabled for the RAM? If so, uncheck it. The effects won't be as good but CPU usage should drop.

This is a known issue and one that Corsair is working on.

This comment is provided "as-is", without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the sanity or mental fitness of the author. The author is not a Corsair employee, does not represent Corsair, and no comment should be construed as an official statement from Corsair.

Helpful Links and FAQs:
AIO FAQ | RGB FAQ |
HydroX FAQ | RGB Cables |
iCUE Tips & Tricks

Old 05-01-2019, 01:47 AM
zeroXII's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003173
zeroXII Reputation: 10

My LL120 fans do not light up on PC boot after a shutdown. For some reason, iCue doesn't save the lighting settings on my Lightning Node Pro even though its detected upon system bootup. Everything else seems fine though. My H100i Platinum and Vengeance RGB Pro all light up as intended. Annoying to have to keep opening up iCue and manually set the lighting up for my fans upon every PC startup.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:18 AM

POST ID # = 1003188
schangtil Reputation: 10

There is still errors in current measurements for the AX1600i, 3A on ports not connected to anything.
Old 05-01-2019, 04:32 PM

POST ID # = 1003242
rocsen Reputation: 10

I managed to resolve the USB sound which I think is actually a connect sound, by connecting the AIO directly to the motherboard USB header.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgodin View Post
Upon windows startup, after login, when the iCUE program is activated I hear the USB disconnect sound as the software initiates the iCUE application.

I have a Commander Pro connected to the motherboard USB header, with my H100i AIO connected via the USB port on the Commander Pro. I also have a HX750i power supply connected via USB for monitoring in iCUE.

Its unclear if it is the Commander Pro which is disconnecting or one of the other devices. The disconnect only occurs on the first launch of the iCUE software. If I close the application and restart during the same windows session, no disconnect occurs.

I'm using an ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX/ac motherboard with Window 10 Pro x64 (1903) installed.

Tony
Old 05-01-2019, 04:58 PM

POST ID # = 1003250
aska Reputation: 10

Hi Corsair®,

Please fix the flatlining custom fan curves asap, thanks.
Old 05-01-2019, 05:18 PM
Josey Wales's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003253
Josey Wales Reputation: 10

What Release Show me a download link or release notes? This is a deceptive practice calling a patch without a download a release??
Old 05-01-2019, 05:54 PM

POST ID # = 1003260
Promethus Reputation: 10

"Play on Key Pressed" stopped working for me with this update. Now my entire keyboard lights up instead of the specific key I pressed.
Old 05-01-2019, 09:58 PM
iCUE Product Manager

POST ID # = 1003288
Corsair James Reputation: 75

First, I will apologize for not releasing patch notes earlier - I was traveling out of the country on business and I am the only one who publishes the patch notes. They have been posted today.

Second, the Gradient Play on Key has been bugged and we will resolve this in v3.16. My apologies for any inconvenience related to this bug.

Third, CPU Usage in DRAM Software Mode Enabled is a known issue and related to how SMBus is configured in order for us to drive lighting in real time. This is a hardware consequence for the moment, but we are working hard to implement a brand new driver to resolve this problem. Its a monumental (and a first of its kind implementation for RGB DRAM) so it's currently in internal testing right now, but preliminary results show a drastic reduction in CPU usage. I am sharing this so there is some transparency into what we are working on to address the issues being reported here.

Third, I am disappointed by some of the snark that exists in a feedback thread. While I understand that there are some poor experiences with our iCUE users, most of these problems are not wide and rampant despite what you may see and read. We always strive to resolve any issues reported to us but the challenge in software is always being able to reproduce it on our end in order to determine the true source of the problem. There are other times that, although may be related to iCUE, it may not actually be the software causing these issues. iCUE is made up of hundreds of separate components (including CPUID SDK) and as we expand on product and software enhancements, there will always be issues that come up. I appreciate any patience and I truly understand any frustration you're all experiencing. No one, especially me first and foremost, wants a bad experience to result from our software. We do everything we can to deliver an amazing experience - it just takes time and research sometimes and why we deploy updates monthly.

iCUE - A CORSAIR Interface
https://www.corsair.com/us/en/icue
Old 05-02-2019, 09:45 AM
A Mighty CORSAlR™
Glzmo's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003347
Glzmo Reputation: 10

Quote:
Is this normal? 8% CPU charge on i9 9900k???
No, I don't think so. On my system it consumes 0.3-0.8% of the 9900k. 0.3-0.4% when iCue is "closed" and running in tray only mode, 0.5-0.8% with iCue open or minimized to the taskbar.
Old 05-02-2019, 10:02 AM
PC Gaming Enthusiast
tjgodin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003348
tjgodin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsair James View Post
First, I will apologize for not releasing patch notes earlier - I was traveling out of the country on business and I am the only one who publishes the patch notes. They have been posted today.

Second, the Gradient Play on Key has been bugged and we will resolve this in v3.16. My apologies for any inconvenience related to this bug.

Third, CPU Usage in DRAM Software Mode Enabled is a known issue and related to how SMBus is configured in order for us to drive lighting in real time. This is a hardware consequence for the moment, but we are working hard to implement a brand new driver to resolve this problem. Its a monumental (and a first of its kind implementation for RGB DRAM) so it's currently in internal testing right now, but preliminary results show a drastic reduction in CPU usage. I am sharing this so there is some transparency into what we are working on to address the issues being reported here.

Third, I am disappointed by some of the snark that exists in a feedback thread. While I understand that there are some poor experiences with our iCUE users, most of these problems are not wide and rampant despite what you may see and read. We always strive to resolve any issues reported to us but the challenge in software is always being able to reproduce it on our end in order to determine the true source of the problem. There are other times that, although may be related to iCUE, it may not actually be the software causing these issues. iCUE is made up of hundreds of separate components (including CPUID SDK) and as we expand on product and software enhancements, there will always be issues that come up. I appreciate any patience and I truly understand any frustration you're all experiencing. No one, especially me first and foremost, wants a bad experience to result from our software. We do everything we can to deliver an amazing experience - it just takes time and research sometimes and why we deploy updates monthly.
Thanks for posting your note and the updates. I continue to find the updates helpful and I would echo that its unfortunate that a few forum users simply "step up on their soap boxes" and are providing little value to the broader forum community. I would note their concerns have been heard loud a clear and simply leave it at that.

For the rest, I'd say I've found Corsair's employees are actually utilizing the forum for feedback and many actually are reaching out to help troubleshoot and improve the functionality of their products. I've found them to be respectful and actually engaged with the forum users. I spend time on a number of other big tech company forums and posts go unanswered, with no resolve. So, I'd acknowledge there is a lot of value to the forum from both the positively engaged users that actually are helpful to others and on Corsair's part.

Tony
Old 05-02-2019, 10:07 AM
PC Gaming Enthusiast
tjgodin's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1003349
tjgodin Reputation: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glzmo View Post
No, I don't think so. On my system it consumes 0.3-0.8% of the 9900k. 0.3-0.4% when iCue is "closed" and running in tray only mode, 0.5-0.8% with iCue open or minimized to the taskbar.
Less than 1% on my 8700K with either software control enabled or disabled for my Vengeance RGB Pro memory. iCUE sits at 2%-2.5% if I leave iCUE Spaces up and running on the desktop.

Tony