Corsair Community

Corsair CUE Freezes PC

970Gaming

Hey all, as per the title, the software installation freezes my computer at "installing driver 1/2" I have tried multiple times to install this, to no avail. My BIOS is up to date and all drivers for every single device in device manager are installed. Anyone have any ideas? I have seen other threads with people with the exact same issue. Could it just bea windows 10 compatibility issue? My specs are in my profile drop down. Ah yes, I forgot I am using the K70 RGB with Red Cherry MX switches.

When it's installing those drivers, it can freeze your computer temporarily to initialize them. Try to make sure you have nothing playing audio through your computer; no YouTube or music players or games or anything. It's installing audio drivers, so having active audio can break things.

Also, give your computer a couple of minutes when it freezes. It's quite possible that it's doing loads of work in the background, but just isn't able to update the screen to show you what it's doing.

When it's installing those drivers, it can freeze your computer temporarily to initialize them. Try to make sure you have nothing playing audio through your computer; no YouTube or music players or games or anything. It's installing audio drivers, so having active audio can break things.

Also, give your computer a couple of minutes when it freezes. It's quite possible that it's doing loads of work in the background, but just isn't able to update the screen to show you what it's doing.

I have tried letting it sit for 10 minutes multiple times. none of my peripherals function, but the progress bar still has the white animation which means, my computer isnt frozen, but all the peripherals stop working. So I have no idea. Here is a video I made. Watch with sound as I explain the situation a bit more. [ame=

]
[/ame]

Completely remove everything related to CUE from your machine, then reboot. The mouse and keyboard should fall back on Microsoft drivers.

From there, unplug any USB audio devices you might be running, and then try installing CUE. As I'd mentioned before, the drivers it's trying to install (and getting hung up on) are USB Audio drivers for the Void headsets. Obviously something is going wrong with that, though, so we need to remove all the possible culprits.

Hopefully that'll help. If not, then hopefully someone from Corsair sees this soon!

• 2 weeks later...
Completely remove everything related to CUE from your machine, then reboot. The mouse and keyboard should fall back on Microsoft drivers.

From there, unplug any USB audio devices you might be running, and then try installing CUE. As I'd mentioned before, the drivers it's trying to install (and getting hung up on) are USB Audio drivers for the Void headsets. Obviously something is going wrong with that, though, so we need to remove all the possible culprits.

Hopefully that'll help. If not, then hopefully someone from Corsair sees this soon!

Thanks, but I have tried that and it didnt work. PLus, I dont have any USB audio devices. I think it may have something to do with windows 10 or the Asus Z97-A motherboard chipset. Anyways there is a new version out now, maybe they patched it because I opened a ticket awhile ago and have been recieving pretty much the same answers as here. I am not the only one with the issue. Ill check and see.

Hi,

I had the same issue with my ASUS Z97 Pro. I found the solution in an hardware forum (can't remember where).

This solved it for me:

Just plug ALL SATA Devices to the first 6 Sata Ports on the Board, they seem to work with an other controller.

http://www.image-share.com/ijpg-3059-137.html

i'm having the issues with the installer & i have an asus z87 board as well. gets to driver install (1/2) then i get a pop up:

" there is a problem with this windows installer package.A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. contact your support personnel or package vendor"

i've tried installing in safe mode, with no USB devices plugged in, but no go

• 3 weeks later...
Hello there, it seems some of us are having the same issues, just got my keyboard yesterday (nice one by the way) and upon installing the software my computer freezes as well in the part of installing drivers 1/2. I have tried it all, I went as far as taking everything out of my system (video card, sound card, all hard drive, basically bare-bone) and did all this on a clean install (reinstalled Windows) all to no avail, I tried it also under safe mode and doing a clean install. I'm at a loss, any help will be greatly appreciated. I will hate to return such a great keyboard and mouse combo! Thanks in Advance

Hello there, it seems some of us are having the same issues, just got my keyboard yesterday (nice one by the way) and upon installing the software my computer freezes as well in the part of installing drivers 1/2. I have tried it all, I went as far as taking everything out of my system (video card, sound card, all hard drive, basically bare-bone) and did all this on a clean install (reinstalled Windows) all to no avail, I tried it also under safe mode and doing a clean install. I'm at a loss, any help will be greatly appreciated. I will hate to return such a great keyboard and mouse combo! Thanks in Advance

check your logs are you getting any errors?

I'm having the same problem when installing drivers at 1/2. I've tried numerous things including switching the USB combo from the keyboard in 3.0 and 2.0 slots with just one or both plugged in. I thought my older m65 mouse might have been a problem and uninstalled everything related to it, but nothing seems to help. If anyone has suggestions or a possible fix, I'd be happy to hear it.

• 9 months later...

Archived