Corsair Community

K95 RGB Platinum freezes if hot in room!

Quarrion

Hey everyone I have prob with my keyboard during summer only if it gets to hot in the room, it keeps freezing and I have to plug it out and in again for it to work. I tested alot of stuff diffrent USB ports still same issue, I also have tested to plug in the keyboard in my other keyboard and it still dies but the other keyboard does not wich makes me think its not a usb problem on the pc atleast. The keyboard itself is not even hot so its very wierd, I did alot of googling and didnt find anyone with this issue so I write here to see if big brainer out there nows a fix :). Also keyboard NEVER dies if its cold only during SUMMER.... Sry for my bad english hope you guys can read it.

Best regards Tobias aka Quarrion

I have the same issue with the K63 wireless today. It's about 29 degrees Celsius here. The keyboard freezes after about 30 sec and I have to restart it to get it to work again.

I've tried:

Reset using ESC

Firmware upgrade from 3.10 to 3.13

Different USB ports

Using the USB cable

Starting without iCUE

In all cases the problem persisted.

After reading this thread I've put my keyboard in the fridge for 5 min as a last resort... and now it works again...

• 2 weeks later...
interesting! It got so hot and muggy here in Nepal last week, that my MacBook battery bulged and the keyboard locked up as described by the op. It happened just twice, before I put fans on the rig to keep the temp down. Due to the lockdown, I think I'm running a time bomb now instead of a laptop. So, I don't know what's going on, but I'll be monitoring this aspect of an otherwise flawless keyboard.