Corsair Community

H115i RGB Platinum- USB extension cable

Violett

Hello guys !

I bought a Bitfenix USB internal cable extension CODE: BFA-MSC-IUSB30KK-RP for my USB 2.0 cable of the Corsair H115i RGB Platinum cooler, wich link the cooler pump with the motherboard USB 2.0 header.

Many vendor sites say that this cable is a 9 Pin extension cable, but in fact it have only 8 Pin on the male connector. Is missing the 9th pin on the bottom row in the right side.

The connector have 9 holes on it, but only 8 holes are populated with pins.

I studied many sites and product photos, but I saw that the cable have only 8 Pin in all the photos.

I tried to find this product on the official Bitfenix site, but I don’t found it.

Now, I am wondering what is the problem with this, and if can I use it to extend my cooler pump cable with it.

I am confused, because I don’t know how many holes on the Corsair pump cable connector are populated with contacts and how many Pins are needed to do a proper job ?

Can you say something about it ? It is a rel difference between a 9 Pin and this 8 Pin cable ?

Why this extensions are labled 9 Pin since it have only 8 Pin ?

Can you recommend me an USB cable extension wich works for sure with the Corsair USB pump cable ?

https://www.aerocooler.com/bitfenix-bfa-msc-iusb30kk-rp-alchemy-multisleeved-30cm-9pin-internal-usb-male-to-9pin-internal-usb-female-extension-cable-black/

My Corsair USB cable is like this, but is not dual mini USB, only single miniUSB and it is labeled 9 Pin. From this point of view, seems that it match with the Bitfenix extension wich is also labeled 9 Pin.

https://www.corsair.com/uk/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-%7C-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling-And-Corsair-Link/Corsair-Link-Dual-Micro-USB-to-9-pin-USB-Cable/p/CL-8930008

Thank you very much.

Edited by Violett

The extra pin on the one row is an extra ground cable, meant for the housing of the USB ports. As this isn't an external port, you don't need it.

Note that Corsair cooler's USB doesn't have all of the pins filled up either. It's only using one port on a 2 port header.