Corsair Community

[Bug] Dashboard layout is buggy

DCBeast

Once you've added your monitoring items to the 'dashboard' it's really difficult to move them around. The area in the header that is detected as the 'drag trigger' is seemingly random and definitely too small. Most of the time I end up dragging the entire area around rather than one item.

Fortunately you only need to do this once in a while so this probably isn't the highest priority bug!

Secondly there is seemingly no way to pop and graph or item back into it's container. For example, I have dragged out the temp and fan speed elements for my video card out into their own separate elements (nice feature btw!) but I cannot add them back in.

If you do the above you can then crash iCue by closing the parent object and then attempting to re-add it to the dashboard.

All in all, I really like the new dashboard in terms of looks.

Dashboard1.thumb.png.3011c31e3f55e9cab9470b48fa0c1e70.png

Dashboard2.thumb.png.195f360cb74a139be7e4172cb28be1d1.png

This is something that the dev team is working on. The "grab area" is just to the left of the label on the title bar and you have to click and hold for a second or two before it "takes".

To reset the dashboard view, go to %APPDATA%\Roaming\Corsair\CUE\widgets and delete the "widgetsMetaData" file. While I have actually managed to successfully edit this file to return things back to their parent container, I cannot, for the life of me, explain how to do it in a way that makes sense to myself, much less others. From what I understand, this is also on the "to fix" list.

By trying to look for an update on the "Check for update" option it always says "Corsair Utility Engine has detected an error during Software update check".

What's up with that?

I don't think that the update functionality is fully working just yet. Keep in mind that this is "Early Access" ... i.e. Beta.

Archived