Corsair Community

List of functional KVMs?

Ghallo

So, I ditched my ioGear MiniView Pro - since it "emulates" a keyboard it will not work with any gaming keyboard (blech).

I'm now on to the Linkskey "LDV-DM7224USK" and this is turning out to be $500 of worthless garbage. (Long story short, it works with 1 machine and not another... and if it ever loses power you have to disconnect and reconnect all the cables (not a small task).

So, here I am, about to return the Linkskey, and I am wondering if anyone out there has a recommendation.

I would prefer a triple port DVI solution, but will settle for Dual (or even a single... I'm desparate!) - and it needs to switch 4 PC's

I would like it to switch Audio as well, but just stereo is needed - I don't need anything fancy.

Price isn't a big issue - I want quality and I want it to work.

So please, someone with a working KVM let me know. I know that Corsair "doesn't recommend/test KVM's" but that doesn't mean they won't work.

Thanks!

Well, I know that it "kind-of" works with my

http://linkskey.com/product/ldv-dm724ausk-linkskey-4-port-dual-monitor-dvidvi-dual-link-7-1-surround-sound-kvm-switch-w-cables/

It works on 2 out of 3 machines :P

If it worked on 3 out of 3 ... well I'd be a happy camper! I don't know what is up with that other machine, but nothing I do seems to get it to work.

• Corsair Employee
I doubt many kvm will work correct as I'm convinced the K95RGB and probably the other RGB range are slightly out of USB spec. Thats why corsair are having SO much problems with them.

You're half right. Most ports on motherboards are out of spec and the troubles occur since we designed our peripherals to be in spec.

I'm using Aten CS1794, 4-port HDMI+USB+audio for 2 years, bought for about 250EUR.

KB emulation has "sticky" problems even with budget Logitech keyboards so I only use passthrough ports for KB+mouse. The difference from OS standpoint is that the passthrough ports connect/disconnect the devices on switching, but I never had problems with that, even inside games.

From the gaming keyboards, I did try Razer Deathstalker Ultimate 2014 which worked as expected even with only 1 USB connection, although I never installed its SW.

Although it's HDMI, DVI adapters are cheap and usable. Only VGA is unusable (I actually bought a VGA to HDMI adapter for maybe 50 EUR, since I do some PC repairing and not all PCs have DVI/HDMI).

PS: When I bought it it had an "automatic PC power detection" which I hated (and posted on Amazon), but in the latest firmware it can be disabled.

Edit: Just a disclaimer: I did not try it with a Corsair keyboard (OPs specific question), but I got on the forums since I'm looking to buy a K70 RGB. So hopefully I can give (positive???) feedback later.

Edited by mathew7

• 3 weeks later...

Solved (at least for me):

Tripp Lite 4-Port Dual Monitor DVI KVM Switch with Audio and USB 2.0 Hub

Part: B004-2DUA4-K

So, I setup this KVM and it not only works with my K95, it works with all of the PC's I've attempted to connect it to. I am inclined to believe Corsair James, because of the experiences and problems I have been having it does not appear to be a problem with the K95 - it is a problem with specific MOBO Mfrs.

So, I went through about 3 other KVM's (thank goodness for Prime and free returns) and none of them worked with all of my machines. This one did - so I am posting here in case someone in the future has a similar problem.

A note: This KVM needs to have Keyboard emulation (on by default) turned off. You simply press NumLock and '-' to get into programing mode, then hit the 'n' key to turn off KB emulation. I basically put in a dummy USB keyboard used it to turn KB emulation off, then plugged the K95 in.

The only thing that has me scratching my head now is why KVM's are so rare. Oh well.

• Corsair Employee
Solved (at least for me):

Tripp Lite 4-Port Dual Monitor DVI KVM Switch with Audio and USB 2.0 Hub

Part: B004-2DUA4-K

So, I setup this KVM and it not only works with my K95, it works with all of the PC's I've attempted to connect it to. I am inclined to believe Corsair James, because of the experiences and problems I have been having it does not appear to be a problem with the K95 - it is a problem with specific MOBO Mfrs.

So, I went through about 3 other KVM's (thank goodness for Prime and free returns) and none of them worked with all of my machines. This one did - so I am posting here in case someone in the future has a similar problem.

A note: This KVM needs to have Keyboard emulation (on by default) turned off. You simply press NumLock and '-' to get into programing mode, then hit the 'n' key to turn off KB emulation. I basically put in a dummy USB keyboard used it to turn KB emulation off, then plugged the K95 in.

The only thing that has me scratching my head now is why KVM's are so rare. Oh well.

Thanks for sharing a device that works!

Maybe someday we should make a KVM huh? :laughing:

• 5 months later...

I am using an IOgear 2 port USB kvm ( model GCS42UW6) with my k95 and it appears to be working, but I had to use both ports for the 2 USB plugs on the keyboard. I have one mouse plugged into my gaming PC and use a Bluetooth mouse for the laptop. So far, everything seems to be working ok.

I was also think of runing a pair of these to get my good mouse usable on both systems, just have one of the KB USBs plugged into each kvm and swith both: clicking 2 buttons isn't really that big of a hassle.

• 3 years later...

The AV Access 4KSW41-KVM is a 4-port HDMI KVM (one of my hosts is a cheap fanless microPC with no displayport.

Even the volume wheel and the multimedia keys are working on this KVM.

If it's 4K Displayport that you need, look for a KVM with TTU (True Transparent USB) as made by Uniclass, InLine and Lindy. Ditto for DVI.