Corsair Community

F60 firmware??

turtlescrew

i read about f- series beta firmware 1.1 or something about that but i can not be able to find any firmware upgrade ? i got and f60 ssd i also got all that bsod problems most of us have , ive done all stuff ive rad about in this forum to try to solve problems went good for couple of days but now its like it was from beginning , starting to get real mad bout this plz help me out , my computer needs to stay on 24/7 cant afford this kind of failure all the time

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes from what I've seen some people with newer Force drives have the 1.1 firmware already. As mentioned by RAM GUY however, while the 1.1 firmware does use a newer version of Sandforce (3.2 or something like that, opposed to 3.1 in 1.0). The 1.1 firmware only fixes an issue with SMART and does not help with the sleep/hibernation/TRIM problem.

With regards to 1.1 firmware being different than 1.1a beta, I have no idea what the differences are. But 1.1 is no beta, and it is quite normal to have it pre-installed. Only somebody inside Corsair would know if there is a difference between 1.1 and 1.1a.

• Corsair Employee
I have already explained that in a previous post, the firmware versions 1.1 and 1.1A are the exact same firmware the "A" indicates it was updated remotely rather than at the factory. And again the firmware is not BETA the tool to update the firmware is what is in BETA. ALL Force drives manufactured after about the end of last month will be Firmware Version 1.1.

At the beginning I got lost in the speed and easy to use my F60 drive. However I have to use from day to day "close lid sleep" on my laptop. When I resume I either get no Bluetooth service to run a mouse and or a BSOD. I am patient and really want this drive to work properly. But I can't help wondering if it will be this year or next before there is a work around/fix for sleep/hibernate/Trim.

My F200 has problems as well, when it wakes up from sleep, the drive is gone many times.

If you're trying to get the computer to detect the drive, unplug the power cord to the computer and wait a few seconds to clear the cache. The drive will appear after that.

You should disable sleep mode in the meantime until the new firmware comes out. Shut off your computer when not in use for the best results.

i'm very disappointed by the force series.. i've recently bought one ot these drives (F60 with firmware 1.1), and it drives me crazy! Windows suspension doesn't wake up correctly my system (i must to reset it). I think that a respectable company like Corsair should test better their products before placing them on the market. It's impossible to say to a customer that has PAID for that product to disable trim o suspension... this is the last time i've buy a Corsair product, because my time is more important of buggy SSD!

Corsair should to refund their unhappy customers, or to make a very stable firmware as soon as possible (before i and many others take their SSD and throw them in the trash!)

Archived