QPI/DRAM 1.35V

DRAM Bus 1.65V

ICH 1.11V

ICH PCIE 1.51V

IOH 1.14V

CPU PLL 1.81

IOH PCIE 1.51V

On the guide it says to use from 1.27500~1.35000V

When on xmp previously it would push the QPI/DRAM to 1.38V. Something just seemed off with that and then I ran into that thread.

I am currently using 1.35V

What is the best way to determine to see if i need less than that?

Thanks!

• Corsair Employee
You can try reducing the voltage a step at a time, and test for stability at each step. Test it using the system for what you built it to do. There are also some good stress tests such as Prime 95 etc that you find by Googling if you want to do other tests.

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from

Download Linpack from-->

Download Realtemp from

Set to XMP and then incrementally drop the QPI/DRAM Voltage. Boot to the memtest CD and allow for two full passes on each drop. Enter Windows and run Linpack for full memory (1) and use a 5 pass iteration. Run Real Temp and watch the temperatures. Let the Linpack program run for the full 5 passes. The output in the screen will give you five sets of values for "Residual <norm>. They should be identical for a stable CPU and DRAM.

You can try reducing the voltage a step at a time, and test for stability at each step. Test it using the system for what you built it to do. There are also some good stress tests such as Prime 95 etc that you find by Googling if you want to do other tests.

Do those voltages look safe to you though?

• Corsair Employee

On the guide it says to use from 1.27500~1.35000V

When on xmp previously it would push the QPI/DRAM to 1.38V. Something just seemed off with that and then I ran into that thread.

I am currently using 1.35V

What is the best way to determine to see if i need less than that?

Thanks!

Do those voltages look safe to you though?

The voltages look fine to me. But, as with any OCing venture, the lowest voltage you can run and be stable is best.

Download Memtest86+ V2.11 from--->

and extract the ISO image. Burn the ISO image to an CD-ROM disk.

Download CPU-z from

Download Linpack from-->

Download Realtemp from

Set to XMP and then incrementally drop the QPI/DRAM Voltage. Boot to the memtest CD and allow for two full passes on each drop. Enter Windows and run Linpack for full memory (1) and use a 5 pass iteration. Run Real Temp and watch the temperatures. Let the Linpack program run for the full 5 passes. The output in the screen will give you five sets of values for "Residual <norm>. They should be identical for a stable CPU and DRAM.

Ok thanks guys. I also read that the QPI/DRAM should be within .03V of the cpu voltage...Is that accurate?

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1393402

"Golden rule to follow on most i7's, is to keep your QPI/VTT within 0.3v of your CPU Vcore. For example, I have 1.3625v Vcore, and 1.39 VTT/QPI."

CPU at 1.22V seeems as bit distanced from QPI/DRAM 1.35V?

For now I am running default timings with CPU at 1.22V and QPI/DRAM 1.20V DRAM 1.65

• Corsair Employee
"Golden rule to follow on most i7's, is to keep your QPI/VTT within 0.3v of your CPU Vcore. For example, I have 1.3625v Vcore, and 1.39 VTT/QPI."

CPU at 1.22V seeems as bit distanced from QPI/DRAM 1.35V?

That's extremely close and well within the .3v Derek noted. I have not seen it personally but some users are reporting that Intel quotes .5v, not .3v.

I need 1.52v for my 1866Mhz memory. I set to XMP and then lowered the values. The necessary value will depend on the quality of the CPU and since there can be no individual testing of every CPU, I advise you to set to XMP and then lower values. The value is .5v between DRAM voltage and QPI/VTT DRAM voltage.

I mean to be asking about voltage difference between CPU and QPI/DRAM. I am aware of the need to have a voltage minimum of .5V from the QPI/DRAM and DRAM.

Is a voltage difference of CPU 1.22V and QPI/DRAM 1.35V ok. That one forum said to have .03V.

Thanks!

I am aware of the need to have a voltage minimum of .5V from the QPI/DRAM and DRAM.

OK

Is a voltage difference of CPU 1.22V and QPI/DRAM 1.35V ok. That one forum said to have .03V.

Is the difference between 1.22 and 1.35 < .5v? Check more forums and ask the person who posted the differential to be .03v if that is correct. Ask others in that thread if it is correct. I don't know who would say such a thing personally and it is always funny that fifty sources will show what is the prevailing wisdom and some ONE person will post something that is against the prevailing wisdom and that is the one that is picked.

For your research:

http://67.90.82.13/forums/showthread.php?t=207972

Also, keep in mind, this is regarding X58 and i7.

• Corsair Employee
I am aware of the need to have a voltage minimum of .5V from the QPI/DRAM and DRAM.

Thanks!

1.35v - 1.22v = .03v. The Intel recommendation is .5v, not .03v.

1.35v - 1.22v = .03v. The Intel recommendation is .5v, not .03v.

uumm.... that's 0.13v.

Also, from the beginning I heard that it was within .5v, and I think I saw the Intel white paper that said it, but can't quite remember.

uumm.... that's 0.13v.

Also, from the beginning I heard that it was within .5v, and I think I saw the Intel white paper that said it, but can't quite remember.

Yup, I agree with you...

What confused me was this post....

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1393402

"Golden rule to follow on most i7's, is to keep your QPI/VTT within 0.3v of your CPU Vcore. For example, I have 1.3625v Vcore, and 1.39 VTT/QPI." Then two posts under .03V no 0.3V

So I take it it's point .5v for difference between QPI/DRAM to DRAM Bus

Now....is that .5v for the CPU to QPI/DRAM as well or would it be more or less restricted? That is what I am confused about...

Thanks!

Archived