Corsair Community

TR3X6G2000C8GTF question

bratboy

XMP has been working fine with my GT 2000 chips. One question Derek, you mentioned in another thread I couldn't find about maybe backing off a voltage setting which one were you referring to? For now I am just using the XMP setting and right now everything shows as being set at Auto

I would incrementally lower the QPI/DRAM voltage until you find instability and then raise an increment. I found that with my 1866Mhz memory the XMP setting was 1.60v. I lowered to 1.58v --> 1.56 --> 1.54 --> 1.52 --> 1.50 (and unstable) and then increased to 1.52v which is the right spot for my CPU and memory.

XMP has been working fine with my GT 2000 chips. One question Derek, you mentioned in another thread I couldn't find about maybe backing off a voltage setting which one were you referring to? For now I am just using the XMP setting and right now everything shows as being set at Auto

So let me make sure I have the idea right., Drop QPI/Dram which shows as 1.66 right now to 1.64 boot to mem test run it 2x if no errors drop it to 1.62 lather rinse repeat until memtest gets errors and then go back up .02 to the last setting that doesnt error?

EDIT: My bad, I'm not sure what my QPI/DRam core Voltage is right now the 1.66 setting is my Dramm Bus Voltage. Is there a util I can use in Vista to see what my QPI/Dram Volt is?

Okay I went into my BIOS and wrote everything down, see what you think and or what I might want to change/adjust. Been running with these setting for about a week now and system seems pretty darn stable.

--------------------------

P6T Deluxe V2

I7 965 EE

TR3X6G2000C8GTF 8-8-8-24-T2

BIOS AI Tweaking Section

AI Overclock Tuner - XMP

Profile 1: 2000 MHz 8-8-8-24-2N - 1.65-1.60

CPU Ratio - 23

BCLK Frequency - 143

PCIE Frequency - 100

DRAM Frequency - DDR3 2006 MHz

UCLK Frequency - Auto

QPI Link Data Rate - Auto

CPU Voltage - Auto

CPU PLL Voltage - Auto

QPI/DRAM Core Vlt - 1.60

IOH Voltage - Auto

IOH PCIE Voltage - Auto

ICH Voltage - Auto

ICH PCIE Voltage - Auto

DRAM Bus Voltage - 1.66

DRAM Data Ref V/CHA - Auto

DRAM CTRL Ref V/CHA - Auto

-------------------------------

Also on the CD that came with my MB there are several utilities. Are any of these important or really wanted?

AI Suite:

An innovative application to do Overclocking, fan control, power saving and quiet thermal control.

Asus PC Probe II:

Asus PC Probe II can monitor Fan Speed, Voltage and CPU Temperature to keep your PC safe

• Corsair Employee
CPU Voltage - Auto

CPU PLL Voltage - Auto

QPI/DRAM Core Vlt - 1.60

IOH Voltage - Auto

IOH PCIE Voltage - Auto

ICH Voltage - Auto

ICH PCIE Voltage - Auto

DRAM Bus Voltage - 1.66

DRAM Data Ref V/CHA - Auto

DRAM CTRL Ref V/CHA - Auto

-------------------------------

The setting in RED above is the setting Derek said to try to incrementally lower.

PC Probe is useful if you don't use some other system monitoring utility. I have never used AI Suite personally but, I generally do not advise OCing from the OS, and especially if you are maually OCing from the BIOS.

I would set the command rate to 1N and retest. Otherwise, all is fine.

So does everything else look pretty good then? For now not really rdy to start playing with OC'ing but I do notice when I pull up system info it actually shows my CPU as 3.2 running at 3.29 as is hehe:D:

Well so far so good. Changed the N2 to N1 and dropped QPI to 1.57 something so far and the system passed several memtests and seems to be working fine. Will try dropping QPI some more tomorrow but needed to get some computer work done so didn't have spare time to keep experimenting with lowering the setting today.

• Corsair Employee
Save your current settings to the ASUS Overclock Profile utility in your BIOS. If you have problems and get to an unbootable situation, simply clear the CMOS and reload your stable settings from the profile. It is a very useful tool for experimenting.

Archived