Corsair Community

460x RGB LED hub burned

Farisy

Hi guys,

I've finally done it. I have built my first PC and it's amazing and I'm very proud of it. every thing went well and the build was very easy.

But I had a problem. I smelled something burning and saw smoke coming out of the case and freaked out. The SATA power cable in the RGB LED fan hub burned out. Also, you can notice that the fan in the slot number 3 wire is burned as well so the rest of the wires are burned too and stuck together as well as one the fan's power cable. Off course the fans are working fine and spinning but the RGB light is not working and obviously, I disconnected the hub.

I've filed a ticket but still yet to get any response but I'd love to hear from to see what the problem is and if it's my mistake or malfunction of the hub.

Thanks!

IMG_9480.thumb.JPG.3b3b02f2603857051eb05a6da0b34fde.JPG

IMG_9479.thumb.JPG.b3b0df724e690bcf09a8384c7bd066ba.JPG

IMG_9475.thumb.JPG.8be891268d15ff10abc75a56507f5948.JPG

IMG_9472.thumb.JPG.bc4248ad89757f9fb7a8ebebb20b9158.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys :)

So Corsair kindly sent me a new hub.

But I just wanted to ask if it's ok to plug the new hub with these melted fan 4 pin wires ?

Or should I get new wire or new fans ?

I highly recommend you replace all of the affected components. If you have 3-4 fans that got burned up, please update your ticket and request an RMA on those as well. We should have covered them in the initial ticket. Do not use them as there may be additional damage that would take place.

I highly recommend you replace all of the affected components. If you have 3-4 fans that got burned up, please update your ticket and request an RMA on those as well. We should have covered them in the initial ticket. Do not use them as there may be additional damage that would take place.

Ok glad to hear that I will update my RMA but how do I do that?

I've been using the fans I have 4 SP120 RGB 3 included in the case and bought one extra. I've disconnected the hub from the sata power off course so the LED RGB lights are off, but They are working AND spining fine but I believe I should get them replaced as the 4 pin RGB LED wires are melted together as seen in the attached pictures.

Same thing happened to me today..

I saw a small white flash inside the case and immediately i could smell something burned. If i re-position the fans on the controller's position 1 they light up just fine. All of the controllers positions are burned except position marked ''1''. Corsair can you please advise ???

Thanks in advance...

Thank you for your response but as i said in another thread here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=170740

the ''Claim your account'' does not work for some reason. My email is correct , the bar turns green but then i get

''NO MATCHING ACCOUNT WAS FOUND. PLEASE CHECK THE EMAIL AND TRY AGAIN. IF THIS IS AN ERROR PLEASE CONTACT OUR SUPPORT DESK

. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE.''

Can someone please advise ??

Thank you for your response but as i said in another thread here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=170740

the ''Claim your account'' does not work for some reason. My email is correct , the bar turns green but then i get

''NO MATCHING ACCOUNT WAS FOUND. PLEASE CHECK THE EMAIL AND TRY AGAIN. IF THIS IS AN ERROR PLEASE CONTACT OUR SUPPORT DESK

. PLEASE CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE.''

Can someone please advise ??

Did you previously have a secure.force.com support account?

Archived