Corsair Community

Can K90 coexist with other gaming devices?

opticon

I guess the answer is no.:dunno:

I'm starting to worry about this because I just received my brand new keyboard from Corsair and I had to uninstall every gaming device's driver, software and component from my computer to make the K90 software recognizes the keyboard firmware. After I successfully installed and verified the firmware, I proceed to install my Razer's :nono: drivers and software. After I installed everything, guess what.... there is no firmware anymore :mad:

Please!!! Can anybody help me and tell me what to do to make this work? :praise:Should I only use Corsair devices ??? Why is so complicated to K90 to work properly when there are other gaming devices installed in the computer?

Thank you in advanced for your incoming help! :D:

The software are probably conflicting with each other.

There may be a service under Task Manager that could be preventing the Corsair software to detect the K90's firmware.

So what do I have to do?

It only happens after I install Razer's software/drivers.

Like I said: I don't know why K90 is in conflict with Razer.

Theoretically, but in practice I'm having these issues.

I mean, why the firmware isn't detected?

I know that I can use the keyboard, even macro keys, media keys, etc... but then I have another question: What is the use of the firmware? According to my acknowledge it's a very basic and important thing in a device.

So even if it isn't showing in the K90 software, is it installed in the keyboard or it gets deleted when I install Razer stuff in the PC?

Theoretically, but in practice I'm having these issues.

I mean, why the firmware isn't detected?

As i said earlier, The Razer software may have something that is conflicting with the K90 software preventing it from "linking" to the K90.

I know that I can use the keyboard, even macro keys, media keys, etc... but then I have another question: What is the use of the firmware?

The firmware makes the keyboard work from saving macros to sending the key presses to Windows, It is in the software information screen so it can make it easier to users when they experience problems. If its not displayed, It may indicate something is wrong or something is preventing it from "linking" to the keyboard.

So even if it isn't showing in the K90 software, is it installed in the keyboard or it gets deleted when I install Razer stuff in the PC?

The firmware cannot be deleted by another software (unless it was programmed to do so). It will always stay on the keyboard.

As your first question answers this.

Check Task Manager and end any Razer related services and see if the software detects the K90 firmware.

Ok so I just killed the Razer services and K90 Firmware didn't showed up :(:

I also killed the Corsair's services and re-started them and it is not working yet.

This is so frustrating I don't know what else to do...

So...what should I do now Mr. Toasted?

This may be considered a bit anecdotal but I haven't had any problems installing

Razer Synapse with the Vengeance Software.

As far as I can tell there shouldn't be a conflict unless something got a bit corrupted.

Or it's the combination of certain devices/software.

Naga+K90 working fine.

Thanks for your reply jshat :).

I tried to re-create the uninstall/install procedure, uninstalling Razer & Corsair stuff, again but this time I had no luck! My firmware isn't showing yet.

How can I make a error log or something like that? so maybe Coarsair Engineers can find out what's the problem and patch it in the next firmware version.

I really appreciate all the feedback I'm receiving, thank you guys!

OK, today I formatted my computer and reinstalled the whole Windows 7 system. Installed my drivers and after that, installed the Corsair K90 firmware updater, flashed the firmware in the K90 keyboard, installed the software and the firmware was present in the keyboard; I configured my macro keys and save the configuration into the keyboard I also could select the hardware playback option.

BUT again after installing the DeathAdder Razer synapse software all these great options are gone; I only can use the software playback, I can't save my configuration in the keyboard anymore, the firmware version is NA again.

I noticed that while installing Razer it also installs a .NET Framework or something like that.

So far, we know that there's an issue between these drivers because even if I kill the Razer processes from the task manager, K90 software can't find the Firmware.

So what extra info do you need to figure out how I can resolve my problem?

Thanks for your patience.

Let me investigate this Opticon.

Thank you for your reply, I was starting to feel a little abandoned because nobody replied to my messages.

Just an update: Last nite I installed Windows 8 to see if that would fix the problem, but again I didn't have any luck. :(:

i have no issues using Rocatt, Razer, Logitech software just to name a few using the Corsair K60/K90.

Lucky you! ;):

But as we know systems, hardware, etc. are different so I'm having this issues and I'm trying to fix them up.

I think the problem is Razer Synapse stuff; it installs a lot of stuff and frameworks, maybe that has something to do with my problem.

I found my old Razer Orochi and I installed it on Windows 8 64-bit (I have reformatted my computer so many times) alongside my working Corsair K90 and they can work together. I have installed the Razer's Orochi software and Corsair software and I can see the keyboard's firmware version, use hardware playback, save profile to keyboard, etc.

http://i45.tinypic.com/978e2u.png

Even thought it works with Orochi, it's an un comforting mouse when you use it for a extended period of time.

I'll be waiting for a possible solution. ;):

What version of the DeatherAdder do you have?

I did a test with the K90 and the Razer Naga:

Naga plugged into the back of the computer in a USB 2.0 port

Updated firmware on the K90 and Installed the software.

Installed Naga software and it did all the updates.

Restart computer.

Both Naga and K90 function correctly. Set a couple test macros. Works fine.

Opticon, have you ever tried both devices on a separate machine?

Yes, with the previous (faulty) keyboard. I tried it on a friend laptop and it worked and first, but then, after a few restarts firmware was gone.

I haven't tried the new keyboard with other computers because semester is almost done :eyebuldge so I don't have so much free time. But I will try it maybe this weekend.

What version of the DeatherAdder do you have?

DeathAdder 3.5G I have both mouse and keyboard connected to USB 2.0 ports.

(Razer Orochi works well, it doesn't use synapse trash)

• 2 weeks later...

I have the K90 and the M90 connected and working(though the M90 is giving me problems unrelated to anything else), a Logitech wired illuminated keyboard, a Logitech K800 illuminated wireless keyboard, a Logitech G300 wired gaming mouse, a Logitech G700 wireless gaming mouse, and a Logitech G13 gaming pad, and I can switch between any of them and they all work.

If your keyboard works with a different Naga, I'd have to say the problem is with the Naga software or the mouse itself, not the keyboard. OR, there is something that you're doing incorrectly while you're installing the problem Naga. But, I'm no professional, I've only been building PC systems for fifteen years

Archived