Corsair Community

H60 Screws to tight?

olivers

Hello,

So I bought my H60 for my new computer off amazon.

Everything else i got from them was fine.

I have an AMD prosessor so needed to change over from the intel to amd.

But the screws are to tight to undo.

They simple wont budge at all.

Any advice or help on this matter?

Thanks

The four screws on the side of the pump housing that need to be removed require a smaller Phillips head to get out. They should not need a ton of force to get out, but they will require some motivation. If they will not come out at all, they may be frozen in place, but that would be the first time I have ever seen that.

• Corsair Employee
Did you install the H60 your self or you bought the system pre built? those thumb screws does not require a lot of force to unscrew... using your own fingers should be more than enough.

If you can't unscrew them with your fingers, then use a tool. A small pliers or long nose pliers can be used to just get them started turning. Just be very sure you are turning them the right way, counter-clockwise, to loosen them.

I have an AMD prosessor so needed to change over from the intel to amd.

Hey guys, i believe he is talking about the phillips screws around the perimeter of the cooling block that you need to remove to change the mounting brackets to go to an AMD processor. Not the thumb screws.

• Corsair Employee
Hey guys, i believe he is talking about the phillips screws around the perimeter of the cooling block that you need to remove to change the mounting brackets to go to an AMD processor. Not the thumb screws.

If that is the case then it shouldn't be that hard as well.

Archived