Corsair Community

Hangs/Freezes with 1.3.3

fangio

Since upgrading to 1.3.3 I've had issues with Windows 7 freezing or hanging (can still move the mouse pointer but nothing can be clicked on for 3+ minutes). Downgraded back to 1.3.2 and all is fine.

Also had BSOD's regularly on firmware < 1.3.2.

I think I'll stick with 1.3.2!

Just posting in case others are having similar problems.

(Asus i5-2410M laptop with Force 3 60GB)

Hi,

i had the same problems with the 1.3.3 firmware and follow the instructions to downgrade to 1.3.2.

Now i have the problem that the ssd is not recognized in the ahci mode. it is working only in ide mode. (BIOS/uefi side)

In the Windows install i got the error that the device is not bootable so i can't install windows on it.

thats realy frustrating....

any one has any idea's? flashing back to 1.3.3 is not possible thince there is no ahci possible and there are to many freezes and bsod with this firmeware.

Kind Regards,

Fabian

System:

HP Probook 6465b (LY430ET#ABD)

Corsair Force Series™ 3 120GB (CSSD-F120GB3-BK)

2 x Corsair SO-DIMM 8 GB DDR3-1333

Windows 7 Ultimate x64

I am having the intermittent hangs with 1.3.3 as well. Would like to go back to 1.3.2, but the download page doesn't have a link for the 180gb Force 3?! Any help Yellowbeard?

I second this - I didn't expect so much trouble when I bought my Corsair GT this Monday. So, is it possible to downgrade to 1.3.2? The firmware update tool just fails when it tries to download the 1.3.2 firmware ...

I had the exact same issue, on a new drive that came with firmware 1.3.3 out of the box. I downgraded to 1.3.2 and it has never frozen nor has it BSODed since.

Also had the same issues with the firmware tool failing. It is presumably linked to W7 64bit SP1, which the firmware tool does not seem to like very much. I performed a new, clean install of W7 on another, regular, spin drive (just W7 64Bit + AHCI, no customised drivers or patches whatsoever, no need to activate your copy of W7 either). I then used this new "dummy" W7 setup to run the Corsair firmware tool, which worked just fine this time.

I did not have to reinstall the system on the Corsair SSD either, as it worked ok right after the firmware downgrade to 1.3.2, but some people suggest one should secure erase it and rebuild the system from scratch.

UPDATE : I've been running on firmware 1.3.2 for over 2 weeks now : no freeze and no BSOD whatsoever since I downgraded from firmware 1.3.3 (factory installed on the drive I purchased end of February). It's clearly a firmware issue.

Having such problem on 1.3.2 and 1.3.3

Done a lot of tests with disabling hardware and reinstalling os and I'm tired of it, I was planing to get a good device but I can't work on it, It freezes every 15 minutes for 1 minute constantly

I bought this device a week ago, Can I return it declaring that problem?

I'm another user experiencing random freezes on Force GT 120GB v1.3.3. They lead to BSOD every time. First 1-2 apps hang, then the rest of the apps & the gui hangs for a few seconds, music stutters in an endless loop, and finally after 5-15 seconds the BSOD with minidump. Happens 2-6 times a week, this system is usually always on. This last time today it happened as I hit save on a textfile I was working on (file was located on the spinning HDD in this system, not on the SSD). The file became corrupt, I had backup but this cannot go on for much longer..

Also worth noting: If I just let the machine reboot itself then UEFI will 70% of the time not detect the SSD at all after a BSOD. Even shutting down completely does not remedy this, I have to pull the PSU power plug and empty capacitors, replug and then power up before the SSD is seen by UEFI again. Which means I need to enter UEFI and set the SSD as boot drive again.

It's getting pretty annoying, I came back here today hoping to find a newer firmware. I checked the tip from Weegee, my system was already set to Active so not using DIPM/HIPM. Might try v1.3.2, mine was also delivered with v1.3.3.

I have also been experiencing this problem recently on Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.

Does anyone know if Corsair is even aware of this problem? It's gotten very frustrating. I don't want to go back to my old HDD, but I will if I keep getting these freezes.

Freeze problem Force 3 120 GB

So what I tried so far.

1) downgrade from 1.3.3. to 1.3.2.

2) install newest nForce drivers (This result in getting Sata II speeds in stead of Sata I speeds)

3) edit register for LPM

4) Turn Power option to High performance

5) Try Sata Modes in BIOS: IDE MODE & RAID there's no AHCI available on my chipset

6) Try to install 3rd party controller on PCI-express didn't manage to get this working at all.

7) Try 4 different Sata ports.

Any other advice from people or can I make the conclusion the Sandforce firmware is incapable of giving stable performance. If I check google all the Sandforce SSD's have people that are having problems with freezing. Can we do something about this or it's normal for a SSD to freeze once in a while?

I built my machine last night and was rocking my RAID0 array without issue. I managed to install and play Skyrim, a few other items got installed, but after I went to try some Benchmark utilities, I am now greeted by a BSOD error:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_Or_EQUAL

STOP: 0x0000000A

The array still appears to be in a healthy state, so I am curious why the OS up and decided to stop booting. My 90GB Force GT Drives also came with FW 1.3.3.

- Negate drives as issue. Bad stick in my 16GB pack. Instant Memtest fail, solid on at 8GB for moment.

Still instability problems with corsair force 3 120Gb with FW 1.3.3. The second SSD will return to retail store for exchanging again. I wish i will find a stable corsair force 3 120gb one day...

The new problem is : Format, install windows. Works perfectly. Turn off then turn on computer a few seconds after works great.

Let the computer turned off for a night, Windows will never boot successfully morning after...

Second SSD Force 3 with similary problem. On the first one, let the SSD powered off (computer off) for an hour and all the data on it was corrupted. The second gets data corrupted after one night powered off.

Let's see for the third SSD and the nexts...

Motherboard is Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3. Memtest on the installed memory reports no error. Using Win7 x64 Original. Using AHCI mode.

Are you experiencing freezes or hangs with firmware 1.3.2 ? I have not had any since downgrading 2 weeks ago (with firmware 1.3.3, I used to have one system hang about every 10 minutes, which made it virtually impossible to use my system ... so much for staggering transfer rates when all you can do is move your mouse around and wait ...)

Are you experiencing freezes or hangs with firmware 1.3.2 ? I have not had any since downgrading 2 weeks ago (with firmware 1.3.3, I used to have one system hang about every 10 minutes, which made it virtually impossible to use my system ... so much for staggering transfer rates when all you can do is move your mouse around and wait ...)

Nop. Drive is shipped with 1.3.3 firmware. If the drives are not stable with 1.3.3 right out the box it's not my problem and will be returned.

Now the computer retail store are making diagnostic. If they exchange the SSD again i will ask to exchange it to another brand. I let them run diagnostics, to be sure it's the SSD and not other things (like motherboard) that cause this issue.

• 2 weeks later...

My problem (#15) seems solved too, with my Force GT 120 still installed. I replaced my RAM which turned out to have one faulty stick, revealed by running Memtest for hours. Since I installed the new ones a week back I haven't had a single freeze or crash, computer has been online entire time. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Still 2 weeks later and not a single freeze nor BSOD. My RAM was to blame, not my SSD.

I am getting freezes roughly once per day, on my work PC which I obviously need to do work!

Until today they were just an irritation, as the machine would spring back to life after about 2 minutes.

However today the freeze didn't go away, forcing me to power cycle the PC.

This isn't good enough - hoping for a firmware update soon...?

I am getting freezes roughly once per day, on my work PC which I obviously need to do work!

Until today they were just an irritation, as the machine would spring back to life after about 2 minutes.

However today the freeze didn't go away, forcing me to power cycle the PC.

This isn't good enough - hoping for a firmware update soon...?

-What SSD do you have?

Archived