Corsair Community

Lightning node probem

louis54000

Hi! Recently, the second channel of my lighting node stopped working properly. I can't get all the colors I want (can't get red, or green, but I can get blue, purple...) channel 1 is ok. Manual control doesn't help (led strips are ok, they work on the other channel), all 4 pins are still soldered.

EDIT : In fact, I can't change the amount of blue. So when I turn everything off, it stays blue, when I ask for only red, It's pink...

I don't really wan't to RMA it because I live in france and USA is kinda far away and I don't want to pay 2X $20 for shipping...

Anyone has any idea how I could fix it?

Thanks!

Ok, I did that, but when it puts the device in bootloader mode, channel 1 turn off, but channel to stays blue. Then I have a message saying reset failed, so I unplug/replug the molex connector. Nothing has changed, channel 2 still cannot change the amount of blue.

Now the lighting node doesn't work with buttons anymore... Stuck on blue on both channels, it not even recognized by Corsair Link anymore. The lightning node is also very hot (I can barely touch it!).

I opened it to make sure there were no dust or no pin broken. Does this void warranty? (I didn't break anything, just popped the plastic thing). If I RMA it, do I need to pay shipping?

Well... $45 for a new one + shipping; about $30 to ship the Corsair Link kit to US (or anywhere else)...

I managed to get red by swapping the pins of a cable

GRB+

||||^

______

(I swapped R and B), now I get red on this strip and blue on the other.

So, problem half solved! I didn't really cared about temp change because it was updated every sec, and didn't look smooth.

(I managed to make a led strip work with a couple of transistors so it blinks with music (bass and treble) thanks to an arduino and a custom Processing program.)

Unfortunately, I purchased it in January... So, I guess I'll just have to stick with this one... Too bad it's not available on amazon.fr (free shipping).

As I said, I managed to get my colors, but can't switch the LEDs off, which is kinda annoying... Just hope the thing isn't going to blow up or melt in my PC as it's getting very hot :D

Archived