Corsair Community

Serious Problems with HX650W

CHARLY_1986

I salute from Colombia, my name is Carlos, and just bought a Corsair HX650W power, but I think the power supply is defective from the factory, he explained, because since you connect the power cord to the power begins to operate without Pressing the power button, the fan starts spinning at full speed, let alone what happens when you connect the power to the components of my computer, automatically all the fans, processor and video card start up without pressing the power button. I disconnected again and again thinking that had connected the wrong way some cable but still the same, and last but not least, try another power supply from a friend and the computer works perfect. Excuse me if I can not find it uncomfortable to turn and also I apologize for my English but I saw the need to use an online translator.

If you disconnect the PSU from the system and try switching it on, does it turn on (does the fan spin) or does nothing happen?

first of all thank you very much for your quick response and answer to your question, disconnect all peripherals from my computer (processor, hard drives, video card) also disconnect all cables from the power source (single stay cable 24 and 8 pin) and connect the power cord to the PSU, the fan is activated and begins to rotate only slowly. I hope you have understood your question and my answer is what I expected

• Corsair Employee
The PSU can not turn on unless it gets a signal from the motherboard, which is what happens when you hit the power button on the case. If you disconnect the 24-pin and 8-pin connectors from the motherboard, are you still able to get the PSU to turn on? If it does turn on, then something is wrong with the PSU and it should be replaced. If it does not turn on when its disconnected completely from the motherboard, then your board is somehow telling the PSU to turn on. In this case you may want to update to the latest BIOS and then load setup defaults in the BIOS.

The PSU can not turn on unless it gets a signal from the motherboard, which is what happens when you hit the power button on the case. If you disconnect the 24-pin and 8-pin connectors from the motherboard, are you still able to get the PSU to turn on? If it does turn on, then something is wrong with the PSU and it should be replaced. If it does not turn on when its disconnected completely from the motherboard, then your board is somehow telling the PSU to turn on. In this case you may want to update to the latest BIOS and then load setup defaults in the BIOS.

Is going exactly as you described. I have disconnected the 24-pin and 8-pin connectors from the motherboard but the PSU does turn on.

The PSU was bought in a shop in my country Colombia, but the shop technicians insist that the PSU is functioning normally, the problem is my computer. Do not know what else to do because I want to acknowledge the warranty

Lets get it replaced!

Request an RMA

Hello again,I want to to explain a strange situation. In the store I returned the PSU, and followed with the same problem, decided to rule out removing my video card (ATI Sapphire 4770), and without explanation, the PSU started working normally. I could not get out of amazement. What can you tell me about it. It is assumed that this PSU is enough to run to perfection this video card. Thank you very much for your valuable help

Archived