Corsair Community

h100i RGB Platinum Se fans at 4000-6000+rpm

Tufo

Hey everyone, my fans on the h100i cooling are very lound and always on 4000rpm it even peaks at almost 7000rpm sometimes, atleast thats what icue and corsair link tells me. is it both fans speed combined ?

is it normal to have such rpm ?

every thread i read that mentions rpm of 2000 or so.

I also havent connected the internal USB connector because the current icue version was having constant disconnects so i cant even control the speed on corsair link.

Is it maybe because of the missing USB connector or is it just normal ?

thank you in advance for all the answers!

Hey everyone, my fans on the h100i cooling are very lound and always on 4000rpm it even peaks at almost 7000rpm sometimes, atleast thats what icue and corsair link tells me. is it both fans speed combined ?

is it normal to have such rpm ?

every thread i read that mentions rpm of 2000 or so.

I also havent connected the internal USB connector because the current icue version was having constant disconnects so i cant even control the speed on corsair link.

Is it maybe because of the missing USB connector or is it just normal ?

thank you in advance for all the answers!

Are you using a fan splitter? Also can you unplug one of the fans and see if the RPM drops in half?

yes i guess im using a fan splitter the one provided by the cooling itself

i could try to unplug one fan but wouldnt that be bad for the cooling ?

im getting overrun by problems on this new build now im getting black screen crashes only while gaming with everything frozen and i can only restart the system by hard reset on the PSU when it happens my corsair keyboard stops with the last animation it shouldnt be an icue problem causing it tho, right ? oh and after consulting with a friend of mine i guess it really is or has to be the speed of both fans on the cooling. I will tho try to unplug one these days, right now I m trying to understand those black screen crashes. Everything was working so fine.....

Thanks for the Reply <3

Edited by Tufo

Where is the speed reading coming from? If you have the USB disconnected, it can't be iCUE. Most likely whatever program you're using is not properly reading the signal or it most certainly could be a conflict if you are still running iCUE and another monitoring software. I am surprised anything else would be pick up the fans, so presumably this is motherboard software and it is attempting to read the pump speed from the dummy header connected to the board.

Regardless, your fans are not spinning at 4000 or 7000 rpm. If you feel the fans are too loud, temporarily reconnect the USB, restart the iCUE service/app, create your own custom fan curve (Performance Tab, "+"). The control variable must be coolant temperature. A typical value will be about +4-7C above room temp for idle. Likely a maximum of +6-10C more when under full load. You may need to tweak it a bit as you. Once you have it how you like, you can disconnect the usb and it will stay saved to the device.