The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-26-2019, 06:53 PM
Dayglorange's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1005828
Dayglorange Reputation: 10
Default iCue still using masive amounts of CPU for no reason

I encountered this problem before, and a subsequent update seemed to have fixed it - until I updated to the latest version (3.16.56) yesterday. Now it seems to be worse. iCUE CPU usage was anywhere from 40-50% at idle, with the program not even open in the foreground. Only killing the iCUE.exe itself and re-starting it made it go back to normal (still using sometimes over 10%), then Corsair.service started spiking up to 15% or more - but I'm also noticing that when I try to kill any Corsair processes they just come right back instead of staying closed. Which makes it impossible for me to shut down iCUE and everything completely so it still uses a noticeable amount of my CPU especially when gaming. I honestly don't know why this is still happening, even unplugging my headset stand doesn't seem to make a difference anymore. I absolutely LOVE Corsair, but the software is sub-par sometimes compared to other control software I've used for peripherals and it just makes me sad and frustrated because it should just work.
Attached Images
File Type: png icue_cpu.png (203.7 KB, 20 views)