Corsair Community

H100i platinum SE led flickering/stutter

Pekonium

Hello,

I bought H100i SE last week and I am having frustrating problem with its LEDs. While using any other lighting profile than static color on it everything gets stuttery, including other 4 ll120 fans (which are powered by a node pro/commander pro).

Video of the stutter:

[ame]

[/ame]

So far I've tried with no luck:

-Installing and repairing iCUE multiple times

-Updating H100i firmware. Got error "The firmware update is not available or failed to load H100i platinum se". My current firmware is v.1.00.35

-Re-plug in RGB headers

I've found that setting "Fan type" at lighting setup to "None" from "LL RGB Series Fans" eliminates the stutter completely. Also removing USB cable from H100i will get rid off the stutter. Obviously in both cases H100i LEDs can't be controlled any more with iCUE.

Side note: I've previously used H115i pro with ll140 fans without any stutter or flickering.

Any ideas how to fix this problem?

Thanks.

OK. There is a known issue specifically with the Commander Pro and AMD chipsets where this happens. Corsair is aware of the issue and working on a fix for it.

Personally I think the issue is Asus, I won't be buying their motherboards again in the future :laughing:

• 1 year later...