Corsair Community

570X + Additional SP120 fan: RGB Issues

Hi,

I have a Corsair Crystal Series 570X case that came with three SP120 fans, an RGB hub and an SP Lighting Controller. I wanted to add an exhaust fan that matches the illumination of the preinstalled fans in the front, so I bought one single SP120 fan (CO-9050059-WW) and connected it to the RGB hub (connector nr. 4 as connectors 1-3 are used by the preinstalled fans).

The new SP120 only lights up in full bright green, no matter which color or animation I set with the controller while the preinstalled fans change illumination as intended.

I noticed that the preinstalled Fans in the case are not CO-9050059-WW but 31-004314. Have I bought the wrong fan? From what I read I expected the CO-9050059-WW to work fine together with the fans preinstalled in the case.

I was aware that the iCUE/PRO version of the SP120 wouldn't be compatible so I got the one without iCUE/PRO in the name.

Is there compatibility problem or is my new fan defective?

Thanks for your help!

Swap it with the #1 RGB port fan on the RGB Lighting Hub. Is it still all green? Or is it normal and the new #4 is now green? Also, try using the instant lighting drop down color selector to see if it makes a difference. That will temporarily override any individual lighting settings.

I believe the ...4314 model is the non-retail "OEM version" that comes with all the cases. It should work with the retail version (0059).

If I connect the new fan to #1 and the preinstalled one to #4, the new one is still only green and all other fans stay dark. The buttons on the controller change nothing.

I don't understand the thing about the instant lighting drop down color selector - is it from the iCUE software? Because my RGB controller doesn't have an USB connection and can't be controlled by software. It is only controlled by its three buttons (color, mode, speed).

No, if you are still on the push button controller, then there is no software actions. A lot of users who move from the push button to a software controller (Lighting Node Pro) get criss-crossed in all the new options and don't set up the effects correctly. The instant lighting is quick way to side step that for troubleshooting.

Either way, I would say you have a defective fan and power does not get to the Red and Blue LEDs.

I would say you have a defective fan and power does not get to the Red and Blue LEDs.

I don't think that could be the defect because in that case the fan would go dark if I set the controller to e.g. red or blue. But it stays green even when there should be no input to the green LED.

Thanks anyway, as I now know it should be working I contacted Corsair support.

• 1 month later...

Yes, I did. According to Corsair tech support, my fan was defective and they replaced it.

However, the "SP120 RGB" which is compatible with the case's RGB controller is out of stock, so the only thing Corsair could offer was replacing it with a "iCUE SP120 RGB PRO" that is not compatible with the case's controller. In this case, it lit up only solid white.

As there was no possibility to get another "SP120 RGB" (without iCUE and PRO in the name), I decided to replace the case's stock fans with the 3-pack of "iCUE SP120 RGB PRO" that includes a different RGB controller (lighting node CORE) so I could add the single fan I got as a replacement from corsair and control them all with the new lighting node CORE.

To sum up the possible problems:

- "SP120 RGB" and "iCUE SP120 RGB PRO" have different lighting that are not compatible

- If you want to simply add another fan to the 570X, you need a "SP120 RGB" which is out of stock at corsair and all retailers I checked. Maybe you can get one on eBay?

So, either you have the wrong fan (iCUE SP120 RGB PRO) or you have the correct one (SP120 RGB) and it is defective.

P.S.: An easy way to tell the fans apart is looking at the number of LEDs which you can see through the gap between the rotor and the hub, or obviously easy then when are lit. The SP120 RGB has 4 LEDs, the iCUE SP120 RGB PRO has 8 LEDs.