Corsair Community

H150i RGB PRO XT 55c-60c Idle 10700k stock. RMA.

Cathgar

New H150i RGB PRO XT installed on stock 10700k and getting 55c-60c idle temps, then instant 95c+ temps when do anything.

Thought it might be a bad mount, so redid mount. (ended up remounting 4 times) same results. Tried different orientations of radiator, ran pump with jumpered psu to check to see if pump working. Can hear pump noise.

Went and bought another H150i RGB PRO XT and installed using the mounting gear already installed and have temps of 28c idle and never over 65c when doing anything.

The original unit looks like it is faulty. So I assume an RMA is in order.

As it was purchased from a Ebay store, i hope it is not a huge hassle to return.

Edited by Cathgar

That's possible. One possible way to check on it (without having to reinstall) is to plug the original cooler back in via USB 2 and SATA only. The pump should now be powered on and coolant flowing. While sitting there on the table running from out the back, the coolant temp reported in CUE should be essentially the room temp and not change. On the other hand, a cooler with a flow problem would be unable to circulate and the heat from just the pump motor is going to cause some level of coolant increase. If you were idling 55C+ before, then the coolant would need to be around 50C which is definitely out of bounds.

A drastically warmer than room temperature coolant is a sure way to prove the cooler is defective vs someone claiming "you installed it wrong", which is the more common occurrence.