Corsair Community

Switching fans on H150i Pro

ryankj111

Hello! First time builder here, I was just wondering if it is possible to change the fans on an H150i pro. I want to have RGB fans that can go with the cooler. Is it possible to change the fans to either ll120s or ml120s so I can have the RGB effect in the fans that go with my radiator? Of course, I purchased and already installed the H150i pro before looking up the H150 elite, but am trying to avoid having to hook up a whole new aio set up. Any help or direction is greatly appreciated!

Yes, you can absolutely do that and a LOT of folks do. The ML-RGB fans will be a drop-in replacement for the stock fans; the LL fans won't be quite as efficient but prettier. The difference in efficiency is, however, minimal.

Thank you for the response! Would I still be able to control the fan speeds in the performance tab in Icue if I change the fans? Like it will it still recognize it as the h150i? Even if I went with the LL just to match the other fans in the case will it still recognize it as the same in Icue so I can control fan performance in there?

CUE recognizes the cooler. It doesn't really care what fans are there, aside from they need to PWM controlled. It will work the LL fans.

Not sure if you are still debating H150i Pro vs Elite. The H150i Pro has the fan controlled embedded in the pump block. You connect the three fans the three way fan cable coming off it. The Elite is quite a bit different with that OLED pump face. Fan controls moved into a separate device that is a pared down version of a Commander Pro called a Commander Core. That gives you fan control and RGB power and control for up to 6 fans. The Elite comes with ML-Elite RGB fans, but the controller will work with any Corsair fans on the RGB (except SP-RGB) and the controller is like the others and is PWM only. It will control LL fans for lighting and power.