Corsair Community

Two bad rads in a row?

Hey all,

Brand new to the forum but I had to finally break down and ask the community and maybe even for support from Corsair themselves (as well as an FYI to them from my experience). I love my new and first PC build. I will post a video of the problem as well as some glamour shots. Corsair quickly became the foundation to this build. Ram, case, fans, cooling, fan commander and, just arrived yesterday, my Virtuoso SE Headset. Let me preference this post by saying that I love Corsairs products, I would like to buy into the whole ecosystem but I'm really hesitating now. But I do want to mention one thing, and I'm not sure if this is just bad luck or what.

Almost every Corsair product that I have purchased has had a defect (all but my case). The RGB strips I first bought had a couple leds that refused to switch colors. No big deal return to best buy and exchange. The ram I bought, two sticks of 3 different packages I bought had RGB that would not display white and instead look very pink. No big deal return to best buy and exchange (still not fixed, really). The Commander Pro that I bought had a bad second LED port. No big deal return to best buy and exchange. The first H100i that I purchased and now the second (I even upgraded the exchange to a H115i) has the same issue with an extremely loud pump, ironically on the quiet mode. All the modes are still the loudest thing in the case. Now I'm starting to worry best buy is going to black list me for serial returns ( I am repurchasing but still) because something is seriously up with quality control. I don't know if it's on best buys side or Corsair but I'm really not looking forward to reinstalling or returning anything else. The other installs were no big deal but it is a giant pain to reinstall AIO.

Do I return? Is this normal? :[pouts:

Noise:

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by DocShaka
Just realized this probably needs to move to a different sub, sorry!

That looks like a Platinum model and there are similar complaints about the Quiet mode in the Cooling section. The clicking/pooping you hear are air bubbles. This happens in water cooling. However, it seems to be isolated for most people to the Quiet mode. The original quiet mode was about where Balanced is now. People wanted something quieter. They made a lower speed and well, now these seems to happen.

Some users are able to work it out by momentarily tilting the case so the tube end is higher than the block. The bubbles escape. Some are able to do this easily, but definitely not everyone. Other users don't have the issue at all and there seems to be an element of chance. Working the bubbles out blindly is definitely a fiddly affair.

If you are like other users and don't get this on balanced 2350 rpm, I would use that anyway, but aside from the tilting there isn't much you can do.