Corsair Community

Corsair VOID PRO RGB USB Dolby 7.1 Static Noise

Eradicator44

Hi,

I have just purchased the Corsair VOID PRO RGB USB Dolby 7.1 headset and upon immediately using the device I noticed a low level static noise in the left ear.

I traced some of the static noise down to the RGB lights on the left ear, which when I turn them off reduces some of the low level static (not sure if this is normal), however some of the static noise still remains.

I have installed the CUE and checked all drivers are up to date. I've used some different USB ports with the same static noise occuring. This does not occur using my older Corsair Raptor headset.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Have you tried muting the microphone? Does that change anything?

Is the noise still present with the charging cable plugged in/unplugged?

You will want to put in a support ticket and see what Corsair recommends next.

https://support.corsair.com/

I have the exact same issue, i got the headset today and from the start i hear static noise constantly from both ears. Both plugged/unplugged, and with both the mic muted and unmuted. Removing all kind of lighting from the headset removes the static for me (turning off the RGB). This surely shouldnt be happening?

Corsair support tell me this... xd: "I'm sorry but this isn't meant to work as such. With a replacement being the same and in two systems I will have to recommend we refund you for the headset and you purchase another headset that works for you. If you'd like that, please let me know and I can forward this request over to our customer service department."

:)))))))))))))))

• 1 month later...

I was able to fix the static that I was hearing on my headset.

I uninstalled the Corsair VOID Wireless Gaming Dongle from Device Manager and rebooted my computer. When the computer came back up it reinstalled the driver and now I have no more static.

So far I really like these headphones, they are comfortable and sound great.

• 3 weeks later...

Joined this forum as I had this problem on my headset that I received today and believe I stumbled upon the fix.

Seems to be the actually headset/dongle firmware. After forcing an update with the CUE software, the static has nearly completely subsided (still have the extremely subtle hum, but that's normal for these kinds of headsets and less prevalent on these than the G930s I'm upgrading from).

Open up the CUE software and click on the 'gear' near the top to access global settings. When you select the 'VOID PRO WIRELESS' device there's a download symbol (down arrow over horizontal line) on the title, above where you see the 'Charging' when you're charging the device. Click that and force the update. It was v.0.15 as of this writing.

Once my headset came back online after the update, the issue was resolved.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: USB users may get the fix this way as well, just without the dongle update. Haven't tested, but worth a shot! Seems like it's a firmware issue anyway, so it's likely updating it for USB users should offer a fix as well.

Edited by Cantee
Adding help for USB users

• 9 months later...

I have the exact same thing

My Void Surround the mic stopped working (waiting on an rma) no buzz at all with them

great headset

Whilst waiting for my RMA i ordered Corsair Void Pro RGB USB CA-9011155-WW (I need a set for the second pc anyway)

they came today and there's a very slight buzz on the left ear most annoying

• 1 month later...

Mine just randomly started giving static with all sounds from all applications yesterday. Am happy to report that after a reboot and install of the iCUE software, it is resolved.

I'm relieved as these are a great set of headphones. They sound amazing and are very comfortable.

• 7 months later...

Conditions: Headset started making static noises after about 5 months.

Attempted solutions: Restarting didn't work, reinstalling drivers or iCUE did not work. Trying to manually update drivers failed. Resetting device failed. Turning down Mic volume to 60-75% failed.

Fix:

All I had to do to fix the noise was right click on sound and click Troubleshoot sound problems. Then the static was gone. If it doesn't work, just try the methods I listed above.

Conditions: Headset started making static noises after about 5 months.

Attempted solutions: Restarting didn't work, reinstalling drivers or iCUE did not work. Trying to manually update drivers failed. Resetting device failed. Turning down Mic volume to 60-75% failed.

Fix:

All I had to do to fix the noise was right click on sound and click Troubleshoot sound problems. Then the static was gone. If it doesn't work, just try the methods I listed above.

The complete nonsense is that when you reconnect to another USB port, the noises will disappear. Troubleshoot sound problems will not solve your problem either. Complete elimination of noise and clear sound can only give a good sound card. USB sound card from Corsair garbage, and therefore there are noises!

..Or use stereo

P.S Found another way to eliminate noise. Purchase Mpow Ground Loop Noise Isolator or similar

Edited by urtmll

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Hi,

I have just purchased the Corsair VOID PRO RGB USB Dolby 7.1 headset and upon immediately using the device I noticed a low level static noise in the left ear.

I traced some of the static noise down to the RGB lights on the left ear, which when I turn them off reduces some of the low level static (not sure if this is normal), however some of the static noise still remains.

I have installed the CUE and checked all drivers are up to date. I've used some different USB ports with the same static noise occuring. This does not occur using my older Corsair Raptor headset.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Thanks.

I know this post is old but I think I've found a solution.

Apologies in advance for any bad formatting as I've just made this account 5 minutes to share my solution.

Device:

Specifically I'm using the Void Pro USBs

Condition:

Faint static / crackling sound that plays whenever any audio is played by the headphones, the sound plays regardless of all other trouble shooting steps mentioned here and what I've found elsewhere on the forum.

Disabling RGB / lighting effects, reinstalling drivers, and changing USB ports etc all have had no effect.

Solution:

1) Open Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers

2) find "Corsair VOID PRO USB Gaming Headset" & right click to open the context menu / list

3) Choose remove device *WHILST the headphones are in and playing audio*

4)Replug the headphones and they should work.

I'm not sure if the next time you restart that the problem may return but the fix works very quickly so, whilst annoying, it wouldn't be awful to have to implement this every time you start up.

*not sure how necessary these steps are but this is the exact state I was in when the fix worked so I thought it worthwhile to include.

Please let me know if anyone finds out the actual fix to this issue though.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...