Corsair Community

Help: K70 RGB Single button reactive ripple?

tastybagel

I'm trying to set a reactive ripple for just a single key, kind of like when you set type lighting ripple for multiple keys, but only when a specific key is pressed.

I was trying to mess around with actions, as I saw you can specify a effect for a macro, etc, but I can't figure out how to preserve the default key binding in assignments (setting the option to keystroke in actions has far too much delay and I can't figure out how to get it to mimic the default keystroke setting.)

I've also been unable to make this happen when creating a group (as any key press in the group creates the ripple, and the ripple isn't reactive to that specific key).

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks.

Thanks very much for the responses, but I think I was misunderstood. What I was hoping to do was try and get the ripple type lighting to work for just one specific key press- is there a way to do that in the current software? As of right now it seems like you can only set it as all-or-none.

Using groups didn't work because the ripple stays within the defined group (in my case the key kind of just blinked).

I also didn't find any solutions/fixes in that 40 min video, unfortunately, but I appreciate the gesture. Any insight is much appreciated!

• 7 months later...

This response might be old, but hopefully it will help someone else like me who stumbles across this forum post later.

You can totally do what you're talking about.

The short of it, see how I do it for my Jedi Outcast profile:

http://b33j.com/files/Jedi%20Outcast.prf (K70)

The F button and Space button emit the lighting effects and still act as F and Space bar keys just fine.

The long of it is:

Create your lighting effect how you want it.

Then,

Under Actions, create a new Macro.

In the Name field, write something like "GameButtonPress".

In the Note field, write it like "button press"

(Later, we're going to make a second macro called "GameButtonRelease")

So,

With this new Macro, click the Record button and then type your key.

It should have a "Press", "Delay", and "Release" in the recording window.

Delete your "Delay" and "Release" recordings. This will leave your macro with only the "Press" recording.

At the bottom of the window, "LIGHTING WHEN START", choose your lighting effect.

I think all the other options in that window can be left at default.

Now let's make a second Macro for the "button release".

Name it "GameButtonRelease"

and Note it "Button Release".

Do the same thing of clicking Record, hit your button, and then delete the "Press" and "Delay" recordings, leaving the "Release" recording in the window.

Do not choose anything for LIGHTING WHEN START now unless you want your lighting effect to play twice when you hit your button.

Now go back to the first Macro, "GameButtonPress", and under DOUBLE MACROS, click Enable and select your "GameButtonRelease" macro.

So when you press your button, it will start the lighting effect and the macro will start the button press. When you release the button, it calls the OTHER macro to release the button.

Now go to Assignments in the main window and assign your "BUTTON PRESS" macro to your button. It HAS to be the same button we recorded!

Doing this long process will allow you to have your lighting effect and will allow you to depress your button for as long as you want, (like, if the longer you hold the jump button, the higher you go), and then release the button whenever you want.

NOT doing this strips away your button's function but would still play the lighting effect. Which is no good.

I hope this helps!

• 5 weeks later...

Thank you B33Jus!!

I was able to achieve the effect OP was trying to get, which is what brought me here in the first place. The only thing I don't understand is why you need a double macro. When setting it up the way you described, it was actually a bit buggy.

I set my Enter key to have the ripple effect. When using the double macro there would be times when the key release didn't register and it would be as if I never let go of the Enter key. When simply setting it up under a single macro with both the key press and key release (no delay of course) it works perfectly fine. The ripple still works and the key never gets "stuck".

• 2 months later...

Great little guide, however, every time I select a key it loses its function...

Well technically its only the caps lock key I am defining, the lighting macro works but the key loses functionality.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Additionally the program will freeze when I add a macro, is any one else having this?

Not sure if you guys are still having trouble doing the ripple effect from a single key but with the latest version of the software they made it super easy to do this in just a couple small steps.

1) Click on Lighting at the top between actions and settings.

2) Click on Ripple on the left side then do New at the top.

3) I'm going to assume you know how to use the foreground lighting editor, so once you are complete with editing the settings hit ok.

4) Click on Profiles at the top left and Select you're Profile and mode you wish to edit.

5) Stay on the Assignments Tab and right click on the key you wish to have the ripple effect, select assign new action.

6) With the actions Editor under Macros you want to record the button push(same key you did in step 5), after you record it delete the pause and at the bottom you'll see

lighting when start just select your ripple you made and you are done.

Not sure if you guys are still having trouble doing the ripple effect from a single key but with the latest version of the software they made it super easy to do this in just a couple small steps.

1) Click on Lighting at the top between actions and settings.

2) Click on Ripple on the left side then do New at the top.

3) I'm going to assume you know how to use the foreground lighting editor, so once you are complete with editing the settings hit ok.

4) Click on Profiles at the top left and Select you're Profile and mode you wish to edit.

5) Stay on the Assignments Tab and right click on the key you wish to have the ripple effect, select assign new action.

6) With the actions Editor under Macros you want to record the button push(same key you did in step 5), after you record it delete the pause and at the bottom you'll see

lighting when start just select your ripple you made and you are done.

or you can just use type lighting which has been in every single version of the corsair utility engine, this is why they have user manuals so people dont overcomplicate things.

On any mode click the 3 bar tab and a menu drops down, click reactive lighting and you can do single key or ripple, in this case you want ripple.

or you can just use type lighting which has been in every single version of the corsair utility engine, this is why they have user manuals so people dont overcomplicate things.

On any mode click the 3 bar tab and a menu drops down, click reactive lighting and you can do single key or ripple, in this case you want ripple.

This is actually the very first thing I tried and it does not work.

If you do single key it only gives the option for Gradient and if you do the ripple option it only works for all the keys.

maybe you can go further into detail with steps on how you get the ripples to work with a single button instead of them all.

But for me my enter key is the only one that will do a ripple and nothing else using the method I posted above.

This is actually the very first thing I tried and it does not work.

If you do single key it only gives the option for Gradient and if you do the ripple option it only works for all the keys.

maybe you can go further into detail with steps on how you get the ripples to work with a single button instead of them all.

But for me my enter key is the only one that will do a ripple and nothing else using the method I posted above.

OHHH thats what you meant. i thought you were just trying to get ripple typing. Yea what you posted is the correct way to do it. I was assuming you wanted a ripple for all the keys.

thats the problem. i dont have reactive typing in my profile

:D:

It would appear that this is now working!

As per the guide near the top of the post, add a macro for keypress, and link it to another fpr key release and it now works again (where it was broken before) with the new CUE software - reading the release notes I notice "toggle key fix" and hey presto :)

I now have a ripple for caps lock, and caps lock is working again. Now to do the rest of my toggle keys! I will then have a fully functional base for some lighting effects :D:

Glad the testers and programmers are reading the forums, finding and fixing issues :headbang:

• 11 months later...

Unless I am doing something wrong, this toggle approach seems broken again.

No longer can I have a constantly flashing key to indicate a toggle key, it flashes once, and stops. Or changes colour for the preset amount of time of the light effect, then reverts.

Has something changed?

Thanks

• 5 months later...
Unless I am doing something wrong, this toggle approach seems broken again.

No longer can I have a constantly flashing key to indicate a toggle key, it flashes once, and stops. Or changes colour for the preset amount of time of the light effect, then reverts.

Has something changed?

Thanks

I would also very much appreciate an answer to this.

To the Guy that figured out the Macro's I thank you, I only go this yesterday and got about 4 profiles after messing around and progressively got better. I wanted to make something like my "Reload Key" make it so that my top row light up yellow when i reload, sort of like Dumping bullets, I tried different things like laying layers on top, but it would still make it so that any key in the row i hit would cause the effect also, this is really clutch. I can't wait to use this for other directional lighting effects I currently have but will be much cleaner because of this. Also this thread was rather old and still really good.

• 2 weeks later...
Unless I am doing something wrong...

Create a SOLID lighting effect, inserting two colors to flash between. Start "with profile" and Stop option "never". Choose lighting time to select speed of flashing.

attachment.php?attachmentid=27944&stc=1&d=1488097783

Flashing.thumb.png.1a5984ac70adada65f3388eab52738b1.png

Archived