Corsair Community

Request - Rainbow Wave (Channel Effect)

BlackDestiny

Hi everyone, im looking for a profile that can be same like in Corsair Link Software has a Rainbow Wave Channel Effect, because in ICue Software Does not have it, im really like this profile and need to find to be more especific this appear in LL Fans & Strip Led, i really need this profile, if anyone can help please <3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey, hey!

It's called Rainbow Wave under Lighting Link. Comes as an effect with iCUE.

It will run on your keyboard, mouse, mouse pad, headphones, headphone stand, aio, fans, lighting strips, ram.

Sadly, this is the kind of posts we get when people post answers without sufficient product knowledge, or reading the question properly.

To see what we really want, you need to first uninstall iCue (no loss, it's rubbish at the moment anyways) and install the latest version of Corsair Link. Then make sure you have 3x HD120 or 3x LL120 fans on the same lighting source and channel. Finally, go to the lighting effects for a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro in Corsair Link. There will be 3 choices for Rainbow Wave. Select Rainbow Wave (Channel effect) and apply it. This is the effect we (the paying customers) want.

I have been unable to replicate it in iCue, and it's probably too challenging for the Corsair people as well, which is probably why it isn't included in the iCue suite. For anyone who wants this lighting effect, you're better off installing Link instead of iCue, which as I said isn't that great anyways.

Sadly, this is the kind of posts we get when people post answers without sufficient product knowledge, or reading the question properly.

To see what we really want, you need to first uninstall iCue (no loss, it's rubbish at the moment anyways) and install the latest version of Corsair Link. Then make sure you have 3x HD120 or 3x LL120 fans on the same lighting source and channel. Finally, go to the lighting effects for a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro in Corsair Link. There will be 3 choices for Rainbow Wave. Select Rainbow Wave (Channel effect) and apply it. This is the effect we (the paying customers) want.

I have been unable to replicate it in iCue, and it's probably too challenging for the Corsair people as well, which is probably why it isn't included in the iCue suite. For anyone who wants this lighting effect, you're better off installing Link instead of iCue, which as I said isn't that great anyways.

Your opinion is only one of millions. Link has one effect that iCUE doesn't and suddenly iCUE is garbage? Well by installing Link you now lose access to over 500 hand crafted lighting effects that work across all devices. Not only that but you can't link all your devices in one software like iCUE can. I'll recreate the channel effect in iCUE.

Your opinion is only one of millions. Link has one effect that iCUE doesn't and suddenly iCUE is garbage? Well by installing Link you now lose access to over 500 hand crafted lighting effects that work across all devices. Not only that but you can't link all your devices in one software like iCUE can. I'll recreate the channel effect in iCUE.

Thanks for your reply!

I hope you manage to create the effect, that would be awesome but I doubt it's possible. The reason why I'm not impressed with iCue is not because it lacks 1 lighting effect. That's an assumption on your part.

The problem with iCue is that it's too complicated overall. Having access to over 500 hand crafted lighting effects is no good to users without the know how to actually implement these effects. I for one have not found any guides or documentation which assists users in creating their own custom lighting effects. All the effects I have so far created in iCue suck and aren't worth having anyways.

As for linking all my devices, I understand that users who have everything but the kitchen sink from Corsair with rbg lighting, may like iCue, but the only Corsair lighting I have in my cases are six LL120 fans in the Corsair Obsidian RGB SE, and six HD120 fans in the Corsair 460x. I had 4 rgb strips from the Lighting Node Pro Extension in each case, but I prefer the look of the Adafruit NeoPixel Digital RGB LED Strip 144 LED (1m), running off the motherboard rbg headers which Asus Aura sees just fine and iCue doesn't. The rainbow wave channel effect on both sets of fans combines extremely well with the strip using the rainbow wave effect from Asus Aura. I was only asking for the rainbow wave channel effect in iCue for if I purchased a Corsair rbg keyboard and wanted to link it with that effect in the future because it all looks so good with the LED strips I'm using. Until I make such a purchase, I don't need or want iCue.

Do you need me to post a video of the effect running on either of the fan sets so you can try to replicate it in iCue?

• 1 month later...

Archived