Corsair Community

Vengeance Pro RGB not detecting

Mayzz03

Hello,

I recently bought Vengeance PRO RGB (CMW32GX4M4C3200C16) 4x8GB 3200Mhz.

My MB is a Gigabyte Z270X-Gaming 8. The modules are not detected by iCue.

I tried to uninstall RGB but same result. Finally, fter few moment and many reboots iCue detect the rams (RGB Fusion was reintsalled at this time). He ask for firmware update and I accept. 2 updates beacause module are detected by group of 2. 1st update OK, 2nd are failled.

Now, the modules are no longer detected by iCue. I can view the modules in RGB Fusion, but nothing happened when I click on "Apply". No change.

I checked in my BIOS, no SPD write or SM Bus write option. I'm obliged to activate XMP beacause the configuration by default is 2133Mhz for the module and the MB not boot if I disable XMP.

Other thing, I have errors in log :

2018-12-16 00:00:22.9369 | 11 | FATAL: DevicesMonitor | -> An exception System.NullReferenceException (La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.) has occurred. Please see the errors log file for details.

2018-12-16 00:00:23.9529 | 18 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | TIME = 1014(avg: 1010,05) ms

2018-12-16 00:00:24.1039 | 18 | INFO: DevicesMonitor | Devices: 4(26 sens.)

-------------------------------

2018-12-16 00:00:22.9369 | 11 | MY-PC | 3.10.0.20 | DevicesMonitor | ->

System.NullReferenceException: La référence d'objet n'est pas définie à une instance d'un objet.

à CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramComponent.<GetLedDevices>b__33(DramLedDeviceBase d)

à System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereListIterator`1.MoveNext()

à System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

à System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

à CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramComponent.<GetLedDevices>d__35.MoveNext()

--- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---

à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

à CorsairLink4.Module.Dram.DramComponent.<InternalAccept>d__1c.MoveNext()

--- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---

à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

à CorsairLink4.Module.Common.BaseComponent.<Accept>d__0.MoveNext()

à CorsairLink4.Service.Common.Core.DevicesMonitor.<RunTask>d__29.MoveNext()

Thank you for your help !

i was running rgb fusion as well, i uninstalled it fully, as i can play with my mobo rgb via bios(and it does make icue play up as i found out), check your motherboards support website to see if there is an update for the bios, you may have to do what i did and do a manual download and install(make sure you unzip the file and put the update somewhere you can find it except desktop) if it does have an update, do all that, then boot into bios before it hits windows and turn back on xmp, you should find then that icue should be working properly and you should also see that your ram rgb has an update.

hope that helps any

Archived