Corsair Community

Can a Corsair employee give us some dimension info on the XG7 3090 FE block?

Soulshot96

I have a 3090 FE on standby that simply will not fit into my loop without the upcoming Corsair block, and while I know the block will fit based on PCB dimensions and whatnot, I am wondering about the intel/outlet position relative to other blocks and the IO plate on the GPU; basically the distance from the back of the block to the inlet and the outlet ports on the block if possible, so that I know how it will line up with my CPU blocks inlet, and potentially know if I should consider another CPU block to get better alignment, potentially a Corsair block ;)

Small side question as well...I've heard that this block comes with a backplate (which is listed on the product page, but does this backplate come with the required thermal pads for the VRAM on the back of the 3090, and are you guys still planning to ship it with a 2 slot IO plate?

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about these things while we wait for the block to release. Would help a lot with planning :)

I'd also like to know the dimensions, and confirmation that there are thermal pads for the back plate.

My 3090FE (picture attached) is presently located outside of the case, awaiting it's waterblock.

Are people mostly mounting their 3090FE vertically, to benefit from the front RGB and for visibility of the water flow?

In which case, have Corsair missed a trick by not putting the inlet/outlet on the tail end of the block, which would make connecting to the cpu block and feed from the bottom/front radiator easier (at least in my configuration!) particularly if using soft tubing?

Any further updates on when the block will be available? Thanks!!!

LianLiO11DXL.thumb.JPG.b8dc0de3de72cbc419e30ac08e8843c0.JPG

While I see your point Milessy, I'm glad Corsair stuck with the traditional inlet/outlet ports for their first FE blocks at least. Should work perfectly for my loop.

An option similar to EK's with ports on the end would be nice down the line for those that want it though.

Very fair point - lots of configurations out there!

I am grateful to Corsair for the 3090 FE block and hope it's a good seller.

The Lian Li Vertical Mount I am using is "split" with 3 slots (closer to mobo) and 2 slots (closer to front window) so assuming it's a two slot block, by mounting at the front of the case, I should be able to create more gap for the tubing (given the soft tubing kinks easily).

Hopefully Corsair will update us soon.

Does anyone know whether the waterblock will come with the 2 slots IO shield or not? Because I want to watercooled the FE 3090 and shoved it into a SFF and the factory 3 slots IO will not fit

The rumor is yes. I hope so, as I'd rather not wait for one and I don't want to go cutting on any part of a $1500 GPU and void the warranty (or end up waiting for another FE IO plate to come in stock if I do need to request warranty service).

Hopefully we can get a reply from someone at Corsair this week when they all get back to work.

3080 FE with an XG7 RGB FE (3080) installed which is 195mm, if that helps. I know your looking at a 3090.

Thanks, I would assume they have them at the same location tbh...the question is is that to the right inlet or left? and are you measuring to the middle of the inlet?

• Corsair Employee
I have a 3090 FE on standby that simply will not fit into my loop without the upcoming Corsair block, and while I know the block will fit based on PCB dimensions and whatnot, I am wondering about the intel/outlet position relative to other blocks and the IO plate on the GPU; basically the distance from the back of the block to the inlet and the outlet ports on the block if possible, so that I know how it will line up with my CPU blocks inlet, and potentially know if I should consider another CPU block to get better alignment, potentially a Corsair block ;)

Small side question as well...I've heard that this block comes with a backplate (which is listed on the product page, but does this backplate come with the required thermal pads for the VRAM on the back of the 3090, and are you guys still planning to ship it with a 2 slot IO plate?

I'm sure I'm not the only one wondering about these things while we wait for the block to release. Would help a lot with planning :)

Hi!

I would love to help out with detailed measurements but I don't have such specific information at hand, sorry.

All of the XG7 GPU water blocks come with a backplate. The 3090 FE backplate does have additional thermal pads to make contact with GDDR6X memory ICs.

2-slot IO bracket is also enclosed with the XG7 RGB 30-SERIES GPU Water Block (3090 FE).

Dimensions of the 3090 FE GPU water block I do have at hand that might help with planning.

Length: 210mm

Width (installed on 3090 FE PCB): 161mm / original 3090 FE width is 138mm.

Thickness: 2-slots

FYI, all of the dimensions are taken into account when designing with Custom Cooling Configurator, suggest checking it out to validate compatibility with your case.

Hi!

I would love to help out with detailed measurements but I don't have such specific information at hand, sorry.

All of the XG7 GPU water blocks come with a backplate. The 3090 FE backplate does have additional thermal pads to make contact with GDDR6X memory ICs.

2-slot IO bracket is also enclosed with the XG7 RGB 30-SERIES GPU Water Block (3090 FE).

Dimensions of the 3090 FE GPU water block I do have at hand that might help with planning.

Length: 210mm

Width (installed on 3090 FE PCB): 161mm / original 3090 FE width is 138mm.

Thickness: 2-slots

FYI, all of the dimensions are taken into account when designing with Custom Cooling Configurator, suggest checking it out to validate compatibility with your case.

Thank you for the response Greg! I'm happy to hear about the 2 slot bracket and the backplate.

I don't suppose there is any updates on the planned release date for this block? I see the 3080 FE block is available right now, but still no news that I've seen on the 3090 version. Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Finally installed my XG7 3090 FE Water Block (and MP5Works) backplate cooler. The block arrived to the UK from Taiwan yesterday, having ordered on the 23rd December, so not too bad given xmas and the covid situation.

The cabling/tubing is a bit messy, but it's a temporary fix until I upgrade the mobo/cpu. I will also look at better options to secure the backplate cooler given it's vertically mounted.

I haven't run any tests yet, but having done some quick gaming last night at 4K immediately after the install, the GPU temps are about 10-15C lower than they were when the stock GPU was sitting outside of my case via a riser cable (while awaiting the block) but with the trade off that the CPU temps are broadly matching the GPU. So things are looking promising.

The install went well - no real problems to speak of, although it was scary given the price of the kit.

The main issue was with icue profiles - although the hydro profile set to pump > GPU > CPU, the CPU block would only light up for instant colours only. Finally realised that the deleting out and re-creating the software profiles was the fix.

Picture attached (sorry in advance for the rainbow vomit)!

In terms of distances from GPU i/o plate, the inlet/outlet mid points are about 11cm and 13.5cm.

PCBuild-3090FE.thumb.jpg.381da893a73aab4cd58f50757471e69d.jpg

Finally installed my XG7 3090 FE Water Block (and MP5Works) backplate cooler. The block arrived to the UK from Taiwan yesterday, having ordered on the 23rd December, so not too bad given xmas and the covid situation.

The cabling/tubing is a bit messy, but it's a temporary fix until I upgrade the mobo/cpu. I will also look at better options to secure the backplate cooler given it's vertically mounted.

I haven't run any tests yet, but having done some quick gaming last night at 4K immediately after the install, the GPU temps are about 10-15C lower than they were when the stock GPU was sitting outside of my case via a riser cable (while awaiting the block) but with the trade off that the CPU temps are broadly matching the GPU. So things are looking promising.

The install went well - no real problems to speak of, although it was scary given the price of the kit.

The main issue was with icue profiles - although the hydro profile set to pump > GPU > CPU, the CPU block would only light up for instant colours only. Finally realised that the deleting out and re-creating the software profiles was the fix.

Picture attached (sorry in advance for the rainbow vomit)!

In terms of distances from GPU i/o plate, the inlet/outlet mid points are about 11cm and 13.5cm.

Thanks for this dude, really, but as luck would have it I got my block in a few days ago and the last things needed for the build just today. Going to start it in a bit. Luckily, everything seems to line up well too so measurements weren't needed :D

Thanks again though!