Corsair Community

Audio frequency not saving windows 10

auzzyboy

As the title suggests the audio frequency in the advanced tab/sound settings does not save when i apply them? (see pic)

I notice in game my audio cuts out and acts odd when this setting reverts itself to the 8 channel 16 bit 48000hz, however when set to 2 channel 16 bit 48000hz - dvd quality the audio is much improved. The problem is that no matter how many times i save this setting it keeps defaulting back to 8 channel 16 bit 48000hz?

Anyone know how to fix this?

2131045233_Annotation2020-09-02111618.png.9ca472e99a0621ba46acb8fbe414fd1d.png

I have this exact problem (among other problems).

It resets when the unit is turned off/on (if you check audio devices, you will see the device get removed on disconnect, and I guess reconnect adds it as a new device instead of using the old settings).

I have this exact problem (among other problems).

It resets when the unit is turned off/on (if you check audio devices, you will see the device get removed on disconnect, and I guess reconnect adds it as a new device instead of using the old settings).

:sigh!: this is so lame... i have lots of issues with Corsair it seems even my Scimitar & M65 mouse buttons haven't been working correct lately?? Becoming inpatient with this brand

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply, I had already disabled the Auto audio repositioning but have just noticed that I had only done this in some and not all created profiles (including the default profile). I have now switched this feature off on all of them and changed my sound setting to DVD quality.

Ill see how it go's and update shortly:)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z-vM3K-PYz47sR_pr9cWT0exARYq5cKd/view?usp=sharing

Edited by auzzyboy

I have the same issue. I havent found a solution yet either. It just keeps going back to 8 channel no matter what I change. I use ICUE for several devices so disabling ICUE is not a solution for me.

I'm in the exact same boat. I feel your pain.. after trying the previously discussesd possible solution the problem is no better?:[pouts:

unfortunately the only semi solution ive found so far is using it in Wired mode. Its still switches back to 8 channel but I dont get the crazy audio issues of fuzzy sound and distorted mic(SO FAR time will tell). Im guessing its a driver issue with the wireless dongle, im going out on a limb and thinking that the dongle/driver dont support the other response frequency or try to force it and it soft crashes the driver/dongle and that cause the weird audio issues. Taking the dongle out of the loop and using wired doesnt seem to have the same issue. ALSO Important to note, Audio Auto Repositioning is OFF and in Stereo for both modes.

unfortunately the only semi solution ive found so far is using it in Wired mode. Its still switches back to 8 channel but I dont get the crazy audio issues of fuzzy sound and distorted mic(SO FAR time will tell). Im guessing its a driver issue with the wireless dongle, im going out on a limb and thinking that the dongle/driver dont support the other response frequency or try to force it and it soft crashes the driver/dongle and that cause the weird audio issues. Taking the dongle out of the loop and using wired doesnt seem to have the same issue. ALSO Important to note, Audio Auto Repositioning is OFF and in Stereo for both modes.

After reading your reply i tried mine both plugged in and not. I have always noticed stutter in game form time to time and i suspect this is the culprit! When not physically connected (on wireless) the stutter is present however once i connect via usb and reboot the game its buttery smooth:idea:

Thanks you just solved an issue for me!

personally I think Windows sonic sounds bad and was Using Dolby Atmos, but switching to either of those when the audio goes crazy does resolve half the problem. Switching to one fixes the audio problem on the speakers but does not resolve the mic sounding funny. I switch back to no surround after. The mic I usually have to close out of discord and manually change the sampling rate and then it resolve the mic side of it. This is only on wireless mode, on wired I dont seem to have these issues. though it still defaults to 8 channel.

1 channel, 24 bit, 48000Hz studio quality (this is for both). I typically I have to switch it to a lower one then back when it turns high pitch. Only happens at the same time the Output sampling switches back to 8 channel when wireless. Dongle is in a 3.0 jack and its isolated from other 3.0 sources via a USB extension. All of this has been tested independently previously to eliminate problems along the line. I appears to be software related to how ICUE/Windows handles the forced switch in sampling rate.

I'm using iCUE 3.35.152 and its terrible. I constantly have audio delay, echo's and cant for the life of me figure out where the directional audio is coming from?

Sometimes they seem to work and other times the audio just isn't rite?

Is their going to be a fix for this? if not I'm going to replace them with something else because they really are that bad and i have had enough of them..

• Sad 1