Corsair Community

Corsair One i64 not showing in iCUE

thefryxc

Pretty much the title, although I can run through what I've experienced up until this point.

So for a while I wasn't super comfortable with CPU temps at the default fan curve, and I have pretty beefy headphones so I didn't mind the increased noise of the 'extreme' fan setting.

I had been noticing a USB disconnect noise happen every now and then but wasn't too concerned about it until I realised it corresponded (I think) with the computer losing its 'self recognition' so to speak, so it wouldn't show up in iCUE, and the fan would slow right back down to its default speeds.

Rebooting a couple times seemed to eventually fix the problem, I kept an eye on USBdeview and it was really weird, sometimes the 'corsair one' device would be there, and sometimes it wouldn't. Rather than USBdeview saying the device was simply disconnected, it would just disappear, and when it came back its 'date created' would be that very instant.

I can't say when this started, although I want to say it started after a windows update.

My problem has now seemingly become permanent after I performed a windows reset (keeping files), with the computer not appearing in iCUE since then.

I have attempted a reinstall, repair and back date of iCUE, as well as even tried corsair link, which I know isn't compatible with my device, just to check. I have updated drivers, changed the USB settings in power options, ran iCUE as administrator, disabled windows ability to turn off USB root hubs, and updated windows.

At a loss now, so help would be appreciated!

• Corsair Employee
Hi there. When you reinstalled windows, did you re-install the chipset drivers for the system's motherboard? If you haven't, you may want to give that a shot and either do a repair of iCUE or simply uninstall and reinstall the software. Please keep us posted.

Hi there. When you reinstalled windows, did you re-install the chipset drivers for the system's motherboard? If you haven't, you may want to give that a shot and either do a repair of iCUE or simply uninstall and reinstall the software. Please keep us posted.

Just tried installing the chipset from the built in updater tool thing, and then both repaired and reinstalled iCUE but to no avail. Tried turning off 'activate iCUE at startup', as I noticed a USB disconnect sound upon start up.

With USBDeview open, I opened iCUE after boot and heard a disconnect tone, but nothing happened in USBDeview.

Any other suggestions? Is the only way to control the fan through iCUE?

Edit: Here is what EventGhost logged upon launching iCUE:

System.DeviceRemoved [u'\\\\?\\HID#virtualdevice&10#2&1043fd72&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}\\KBD']

System.DeviceAttached [u'\\\\?\\HID#virtualdevice&10&Col05#2&1043fd72&0&0004#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}']

System.DeviceAttached [u'\\\\?\\HID#virtualdevice&10&Col01#2&1043fd72&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}']

System.DeviceAttached [u'\\\\?\\HID#virtualdevice&10&Col02#2&1043fd72&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}\\KBD']

System.DeviceAttached [u'\\\\?\\HID#virtualdevice&10&Col03#2&1043fd72&0&0002#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}\\KBD']

System.DeviceAttached [u'\\\\?\\HID#virtualdevice&10&Col04#2&1043fd72&0&0003#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}']

Edited by thefryxc
Added logs

• 3 weeks later...

How are your temps when it disconnects? Does the CPU pump still run?

The bit that shows up in iCUE as "Corsair One" as far as i'm aware is integrated into the CPU pump block and that is connected to the motherboard by a USB cable to a motherboard header to enable communication between the pump and computer.

Without it the pump should still run but iCUE wouldn’t be able to communicate with it.

If the pump is still running it sounds like the USB cable could be a potential first place to look, make sure it is connected properly/securely on either end, perhaps unplug and replug to make sure.

Let us know how you get on!

Edited by nodezeon
typo