Corsair Community

Can’t get 120SP to work on 570x crystal rbg

stanvrensburg

Hi folks,

Scratching my head here!

I have a 570x Rgb case that supposedly comes with 3 sp120 rgb fans connected to the controller. I have now added one more sp120 pro rgb fan to the case. It works, lights up and all is well BUT I am unable to change the color of the new fan via the controller...

I have plugged it into the controller (port 4) and all 3 other case fans work perfectly but this one just doesn’t want to play dice!

Is there something I am missing here or is the sequence of buttons to press in order to “activate it”? Or is it just a compatibility issue perhaps?

All feedback welcome!

You have to install ICUE to see it on the list. Then it would be under lighting setup and have a drop-down list of all of Corsair's fans there. I was hoping you got the normal SP 120 and not the SP Pro fan.

I guess you can return that one and get the one that matches your current fans. Or get all new fans if you like.

@killer_k sorry but which “drop down” are you referring to? I have not installed any software for the controller - is that supposed to be done via bios?

@killer_k sorry but which “drop down” are you referring to? I have not installed any software for the controller - is that supposed to be done via bios?

Presumably you are using the thumb remote controller that comes with the case. He was referring to the software interface that comes into play with Lighting Node Pro (or Core) and Commander Pro controllers that are required for most of the Corsair fans. Your SP120 RGB (non-Pro) and the HD series are the oldest and had that thumb remote option. It is OK to use it, but the your option expand exponentially when moving the software.