Corsair Community

Fan #3 RPM stuck in Hydro X Series Fans setting.

Monstieur

I have a Commander Pro with Fan #3, #4, and #5 connected to radiator fans, Fan #6 connected to the XD5 pump, and Temp #1 connected to the XD5 temperature sensor.

Under "Performance" I have set Fan #3, #4, and #5 to "Hydro X Series Fans", and Fan #6 to "Hydro X Series Pumps".

Fan #4 and #5 change RPM with temperature and go to 0 RPM when the temperature is low, but Fan #3 is stuck at a fixed RPM.

If set all the fans to a "Custom 1" performance setting with a custom curve based on "Commander Pro Temp", all the fans including Fan #3 respond to the curve.

If I change the fans back to "Hydro X Series Fans", Fan #3 alone remains stuck at the last used RPM from the custom curve.

I've force updated the firmware with no effect.

Edited by Monstieur

Under the general settings in iCUE, change fan #3 from Auto to either DC or PWM, whichever is appropriate. See if it responds.

If not, physically unplug fan #3 from the C-Pro, then re-connect. Sometimes this alone fixes general "stuck fan" issues.

All the fans are set to 4-Pin correctly. Reconnecting the fan and power cycling the Commander Pro didn't make any difference.

I don't think it's a hardware issue as setting a custom curve works correctly for all fans. It seems like an issue with the "Hydro X Series Fans" algorithm. Today it's running Fan #5 at 0 RPM, while Fan #3 and Fan #4 are stuck at the last used RPM from the previous setting.