Corsair Community

[M95] Can macros open a specific folder?

terabyte

I haven't purchased the mouse yet so I can't check myself but I'd like to know if the buttons can be used to setup a macro to open a specific folder/path.

Could someone with it please check and let me know? :biggrin:

I am not even going to give you your answer since you thrive on being rude, especially in my thread.

So right back at ya: Dude learn how to use google search.

Search the Corsair gaming mice you are interested in (or any others) and look at the mouse's software "programming" function; you may have to launch or download its pdf manual to find it. In this PC I have a R.A.T.7 mouse, that I am still learning what it can do. On my other PC, I have a Logitech gaming mouse where, in its software setup, I go to the "Mouse Function" where I can assign what the buttons on the mouse will do.

One function is : "Shortcut — Assign a button to launch a file/folder/drive on your computer."

I hope this helps

Unfortunately I've already tried to look at the manual and search around but I wasn't able to find anything about it, which is why I ended up asking directly here for those who have/use it :sigh!:

I did see the sticky thread about AutoKey and with that it seems that I can indeed open folders but I prefer to not go through the whole thing just to open a folder :p:

I am not even going to give you your answer since you thrive on being rude, especially in my thread.

So right back at ya: Dude learn how to use google search.

This is totally unrelated, and I replied to your thread like that simply based on the tone YOU wrote your post with. That said if you have nothing to say with your reply then please ignore this thread, at least with my reply I gave you an answer. You might not like the tone I used but it still was an answer.

You'll need to create a batch file that opens the folder then use the Launch program option to link it to the batch file.

Thanks, that's easy enough to do. So it's not directly supported by the macro but I can use it to launch a file as a work-around instead. That's all I needed to know :sunglasse

Archived