Corsair Community

trouble with gradient

juanco507

hey guys, i just have my first corsair k68 RGB keybord, and i've seen a lot of videos on YouTube to learn how to use icue, i want to made a profile with a solid color, and a gradient that act when i press the key, in all the videos i've seen, when you insert the lightning object its just one point, but when i do it on my icue, it display a whole square, can you help me with this?

hope you can!

Go to the Lighting Effects Tab for the keyboard.

1) Hit the + symbol to add a new effect. Change it to static or solid to make the base layer color. Change the color wheel to whatever you want. iCUE has a top down hierarchy, so you will want this base layer to be the bottom effect on the list. The effects above it on the list have lighting supremacy.

2) Hit + again to make the key effect. Two different options here. For the quick and easy type lighting, select "Type lighting" from the effect drop down menu, then make your choices on ripple vs per key lighting, random colors or fixed (those can be the same), and then the speed.

To make a specific gradient, change the effect to Gradient from the center list of the menu. You will then be presented with a color wheel and color field. First set up your color. This can be one color or blend of whatever, but you will need at least two points and they should automatically generate when you click the + below the color field. The height of the dot represents its intensity, so you can make a "fading" gradient that starts at 100% and finishes at 0% over the time interval. That may not be necessary for type lighting that tends to be short duration. The lighting time or "linger" in below the color field. Most people will want something in the 1-3 second range.

The final part to turn this gradient into type lighting is on the far right side of the interface. Where it says "Start", change "with profile" to "On key pressed". That will generate a small box underneath to allow you to make in play on the pressed key only. Tick that box. Below that is "Stop". Select "After" and then change it to "1" time in the field below. That should make it each key react with the gradient on keypress.