Corsair Community

Buzzing noise from Corsair One Elite

calbacklund

Hi,

Got my Corsair One Elite two days ago and have this irritating noise from the left-bottom side. Opened it up and located the sound to a fan which seems to be for the GPU? Shouldn't the water cooling be enough? When I increase fan speed to 49%(1860 rpm) the buzzing disappears. Got any solutions for this fan or do I need to replace the GPU?

Not interested at moment in sending my unit to you for RMA since it doesn't seem to have helped others who did that.

//Alexander

The fan on the GPU is there for the ram and vrms (voltage regulation modules), it's needed there to ensure adequate cooling under load.

Not sure what you can do about it, may want to see if throwing any compressed air works or even removing it and re-fitting works for you.

I have had my Elite for about a week now, it's not been heavily used (just moving games / data over to it atm) but so far mines not had an issue (I did run a few different benchmarks on it on day 1 - 2 but that's been about it).

Good luck and don't remove the fan fully, it needs to be running when you're using the GPU.

The fan on the GPU is there for the ram and vrms (voltage regulation modules), it's needed there to ensure adequate cooling under load.

Not sure what you can do about it, may want to see if throwing any compressed air works or even removing it and re-fitting works for you.

I have had my Elite for about a week now, it's not been heavily used (just moving games / data over to it atm) but so far mines not had an issue (I did run a few different benchmarks on it on day 1 - 2 but that's been about it).

Good luck and don't remove the fan fully, it needs to be running when you're using the GPU.

Seems like I have to disassemble almost the whole computer for re-fitting the fan on the GPU.

Archived