Corsair Community

Corsair H60 Failing on start up.

roryrocker13

I wrote this thread firstly not because I have the problem ongoing (I fixed it) but because I hope that if anybody else has this problem it can be fixed.

After installing my new H60 water cooler (more than ample for my fx 6350) before overclocking it to 4.2GHz and being very happy with the results (about 30 to 35 degrees when playing Battlefield 4 on high preset). I then played like any gamer would through the night for about 6 hours straight. I was monitoring my temperature with an DX11 overlay (I can see my temps in game) and they stayed stable all night as mentioned playing a variety of games. I turned my computer off when I stopped using it and went to bed. After waking up and turning on the computer I noticed it was going very slow and I looked at my temperatures and stats to see if something was wrong and sure enough my system had been on about 3 mins and my temperature was at 80 degrees and the pump RPM didn't seem to be showing so I restarted my computer and sure enough after loading my temps again the pump was showing and the temps were down to about 20 degrees again. After this happening twice I got worried in case this happened if I was playing a game or something demanding. I later played around with the fans and positioning of them on motherboard.

Possible Fix (worked for me): Have the Exhaust fan (one that comes with the cooler) plugged directly into your CPU fan 4 pin header. (it should be called something like CPU_FAN on your motherboard) and then I had the pump plugged into PWR_FAN (it was originally plugged into FAN_PWR_1 or some other 4 pin header when it should have been there.

Summed up: Although all 3 pin fans work in 4 pin headers and vise versa, the power that actually then went to the pump in that 4 pin did not give enough power on boot up. The only other thing I could imagine works if you still have this problem is plug the pump straight into a molex which should give it 100% power.

Archived