Corsair Community

700d/800d 360 + 240 Rad intake/exhaust question

Hey guys,

First of all I've searched the forum to find an answer to my question, but I couldn't find a post that described the same situation as mine.

Due to recently acquiring my 700D I decided to get into the watercooling business. After about 100+ hours of researching, reading reviews and looking at build logs I've decided on the parts I will be getting, but I have a question for you guys about the way to set up intake/exhausts.

I'll be modding the bottom of the case by using Mr_Armageddon's famous mod-guide, so thank you very much for that Mr_Armageddon!

I'll have 5 1850 RPM Gentle Typhoons for fans. 3 for the top 360 rad (Nexxxos UT 60), and 2 for the bottom 240 rad (Nexxxos UT 60, should fit right? I measured it and it should be a good fit I think).

So my question is: should I use the top 360 rad as an intake, or exhaust? I'll be taking in fresh air from the floor through the 240 (hopefully exhausting not too hot air), and possibly (cool) air through the rear 140 fan, if using the 360 rad as an exhaust is the most ideal situation. The 140 will be used as an exhaust if you guys think the 360 is best used as an intake.

Right now, with aircooling, I get the best results using my top 3 fans as an intake and the rear 140 as an exhaust - but I'm not sure what would be the best when there's a radiator in the way, and when there's warm air coming in from the bottom radiator. Dust is much less of an issue right now as well, so I'm kind of leaning towards using the top 360 as an intake, but I'm not sure if pulling in fresh air through a rad would yield the same results.

Another small question I have is: what would be the best way to mount a vertical tube-reservoir to the 'motherboard tray' (where the grommets are, to the right of the actual motherboard). Velcro? Tie wraps? Any suggestions ?

Edit: should have stated that I'll be cooling an overclocked (4.5-5 Ghz) i5 2500K with a single GTX680 on that single loop with a D5 pump. Maybe it's a bit overkill, but if I ever decide to get a 2nd 680, or 2 780's, I wont have to get another radiator!

Any help from you guys would be very much appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance :)

Archived