Corsair Community

Cooling Node Failure

Neardood1

Hi, I have 2 cooling nodes in my system; one controlling my H100's rad fans and rear case fan, plus monitoring 2 temperature sensors, and the other running my front case fan and the analogue connection from the GPU power node.

The problem is recently when I went to switch my PC on the fans on the first cooling node will rev up and then shut down completely, leaving me with no cooling! Curiously I get an error which will not allow me to boot, caused by my H100 which is plugged in to the CPU fan header; the bios says the CPU fan's RPM is 0... Anyway I've tried swapping the nodes around and unplugging and re-plugging them into the power and different spots on the link commander, all had no effect. I've had to use some molex to 3 pin fan connectors to run my rad fans in the mean time, but if anyone has any idea how to fix it, please help me!

The only other thing I would perhaps suggest to check prior to the RMA request is make sure you have the power connector connected to the H100 even if the fans are not as this provides the pump with power. Also check where the H100s sensor cable is plugged into (the single wire to a 3 pin fan connector that goes onto the motherboard).

This last point is because on my motherboard I have a 4 pin connector labelled CPU Fan 1 and a 3 pin connector labelled CPU Fan 2. I have my H100 connected to CPU Fan 2 and the pump speed is reported correctly. If I plug a 4 pin fan onto CPU Fan 1 however the pump speed is no longer reported. Probably a firmware (bios) bug on my motherboard but much bios stock is common so it may be worth trying a different connector just to see but you MUST be quick because if the pump is not running then the CPU is not being cooled.

Clearly the safer way to do these tests is with a different cooler on the CPU temporarily and the pump hanging free.

Sorry this is a bit long winded but trying to make it clear and also not wanting to contradict Toasted whose answer was strictly correct I was just suggesting one possible final test :)

You're getting it mixed up: The h100 only doesn't show the RPM during the POST. it works fine when the computer is running. I'm more concerned about the cooling nodes, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix them? I'm pretty sure its a firmware problem as they do it before the computer boots up and the link software recognizes them but I have no control

OK the latest development in this never-ending saga of problems is I have lost all control of my link commander; its not showing up in the link software at all now. I don't know what to do and i'm thinking of sending it back for a refund until they've refined it into a decent product.

The fans I had plugged in were both H100 rad fans and the rear coolermaster 120mm case fan.

My H100 is also on the fritz; The fans that i've plugged into it (rad fans and rear case fan) run at max RPM constantly and pressing the button it does nothing to change that. I think the firmware on the link commander has gone AWOL and started playing havoc on my system, as the H100 was plugged into it too. The lights seem to glow whatever color they feel like as well. whenever I turn on the computer I get a new and unwanted combination of colors.

Archived