Corsair Community

Corsair's SP Lightning controller does not work, and iCUE doesn't see neither fans no

Veylam

Hi! I recently bought two Corsair's "ML120 PRO RGB LED 120MM PWM Premium Magnetic Levitation Fans" and a "RGB Fan LED Hub OEM" to connect those two fans. After plugging everything in, the fans spin, and the light on them is working, but the SP Lightning controller attached to the Fan hub doesn't work (the buttons for changing speed, color and mode don't do anything) and the iCUE program doesn't detect neither the hub, nor the fans. What did i do wrong?

Edit: Not sure what info may be useful in this case. I'll provide any info that's needed.

Edited by Veylam

It seems like you bought a thumb remote and hub for some old SP-RGB fans. It only works with those SP-RGB fans. It was an older system of control for HD/SP fans before we entered the full D-RGB age.

The ML-RGB fans all other Corsair RGB fans require a controller and power system for the lighting. That comes in two forms depending on the product, but both work all types.

1) "Core" products (Lighting Node Core and Commander Core) are both controller and power in one box, but for up to one set of 6 fans only.

2) RGB Lighting Hub + Controller (Lighting Node Pro or Commander Pro) - two pieces but also two channels. Up to 6 fans per RGB Hub and also capable of handling strips, Hydro X, or other 5v RGB from the controller.

Lighting Node Pro devices came in multipacks of ML/LL fans. There are a lot of those out there in 3rd party market places. What I am a bit worried about is whether you have or can get a connector from RGB hub to LNP. Those tend to disappear.

See also here for general info and pictures.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173880

• Confused 1

The RGB Hub will work, but the remote will not. You are supplying lighting power, but lack the controller.

There are a few ways to get a Lighting Node Pro. 1) 3rd party market place; 2) More ML-RGB fans in a "multipack"; 3) Something like the RGB strip kit that comes with one.